3.12mm

Name
Jim
Edit My Images
Yes
I was messing about trying to work out magnification with different lenses, etc.

4585113046_b6209a5dde.jpg

Bigger
Taken with a Sigma 70-300 @300mm plus Raynox 150

Same subject, taken with Canon 28-135 @ 75mm

4585116420_b6e8b15aef.jpg

Bigger

I like No1 (y)
I wonder how many people can read a micrometer without a digital read-out?

Like no 1 myself - very chrisp and a great subject.

There are quite a few people left who can read vernier micrometers, even those reading to tenths.

Thanks Stuart and Colin.

No. 1 is my favourite of these but I felt a need to add number 2 in case people couldn't recognise it!

anyone with a physics a level

well anyone with a physics a level that aint thick :p

There's still quite a number of proper Engineers out here mate ! How about Verniers, Sine bars etc. In fact we only have 'normal' micrometers at work.

Good shots of an unusual subject.

The title is wrong. It should be 1.62mm, and not 3.12mm. Someone needs to learn to read a micrometer correctly! Nice close ups, by the way.

The title is wrong. It should be 1.62mm, and not 3.12mm. Someone needs to learn to read a micrometer correctly! Nice close ups, by the way.

Well spotted! And thanks!

I am an engineer by trade, hence i spotted the slight error. LOL!(y)

I can - I use one regularly. Mine has an extra scale to measure thousandths.

Last edited:
Nice to hear there are so many engineer still out there - I thought they had all been killed off by computers and robots ... who by the way can't do the job.
Good luck to all the engineers if they were more valued we wouldn't have had this financial crises.

Shame you didn't call it 3.24mm as you could have got away with that ( 2 pictures !!!!):LOL::LOL:

How about a proper micrometer then in imperial ? There might be a few less who could read that !:LOL::LOL:

Back