3 from the bird feeder

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
These aren't up to the standard of CT or others but I was still quite pleased with them. The light wasn't good so the ISO was at 1600 and the shutter speed was a bit to low. Also at the full extent of my 200mm lens.

They've all had a heavy crop as well.

C&C always welcome thanks.

Chaffinch and Blue Tit

Chaffinch on feeder

Chaffinch with seed

Nice set all the same maddog(y)
Difficult when you have not got the reach of a 600mm or the pockets to buy one:bang:
I like the first one of the chaffy and tit heading to the feeder.
well done

:agree: not bad for 200mm

You could always build a hide a few feet nearer (stepladder and a tarpaulin) leave it there for a week then sneak under it when the birds are used to it

You could always build a hide a few feet nearer (stepladder and a tarpaulin) leave it there for a week then sneak under it when the birds are used to it
Agree with Oldgit on this, a hide will make all the difference and birds get used it to it very quickly, don't be disheartened not being able to take photos like the 600mm chaps(sure they should have a forum of their own), if they can't take good photos with that size god help us all, your photos are good given the condition and obvious distance away.
Keep your chin up.

Nice set all the same maddog(y)
Difficult when you have not got the reach of a 600mm or the pockets to buy one:bang:

Thanks for the comments, agree about the 600's, I'll just have to be inventive.

Good advice thanks, I've been meaning to do that for a while I have a small shed in the garden with a stable style split door, I think I'll move the feeder closer to it and sit in there with a flask of something sustaining. :D

Agree with Oldgit on this, a hide will make all the difference and birds get used it to it very quickly, don't be disheartened not being able to take photos like the 600mm chaps(sure they should have a forum of their own), if they can't take good photos with that size god help us all, your photos are good given the condition and obvious distance away.
Keep your chin up.

Thanks dunedin. As I say given the conditions and the crop I was pleased with them :)

The aim, Mark, is not to get them on the feeder... as it looks...shall we say, naff! :D

Put a natural looking stick between feeder/table and a bush/tree/hedge.

They sit in the foliage and then land on the stick for a moment before alighting on the feeders.

When they land on the stick for the moment........thats your queue!

Good luck! (y)

The aim, Mark, is not to get them on the feeder... as it looks...shall we say, naff! :D

Naff it is then:)

Will see what I can rig up between me and the feeder.

EDIT - like the hat:D

Back