3 Monitor issue in Lightroom CC

Name
Stephen
Edit My Images
Yes
I have 3 Monitors - Two 22" Monitors and a 17" Monitor.

I would like Lightroom Main workspace to be on one 22" and Lightroom to use the second 22" for previews.

However Lightroom always opens the preview on the 17" monitor which is balanced on top of my case and I only really want to use that for email or word docs.

I cant figure out how to tell Lightroom what to use. Any ideas anybody?

I only have two monitors so can't directly answer the question, but what numbers are assigned to the monitors by Windows? Could be that LR is using monitors 1 and 2. Just a thought.

I only have two monitors but the thought occurs to me that rather than the problem be with Lightroom is it something about the display settings in windows ?
For what its worth I get the preview showing on the second monitor, BTW on the bottom left of the LR screen is your showing two monitors or three

I have checked and the smaller monitor is number 3.

My two main monitors are 1 and 2. 1 is on the main interface.

I have checked and the smaller monitor is number 3.

My two main monitors are 1 and 2. 1 is on the main interface.

That's probably why. Lightroom will dump the second screen on display number 2 by default.

So monitor one has main interface. Monitor two has nothing. Monitor three has the enlarged image. I want that from three to two. Surely Lightroom should use one and two

Hmmm... sorry, thought you said small screen was 2.

What order are they in your display settings panel?

Capture.JPG

Last edited:
Order displaying is 1,2,3

I have even made the large view smaller by shift+f11 then dragged onto monitor 2. As soon as maximise again it goes back to screen 3.

Have you tried swapping the leads for monitors 2 and 3, then using the display properties to number and line them up appropriately?

Have you tried swapping the leads for monitors 2 and 3, then using the display properties to number and line them up appropriately?

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/474934

Check your display settings. Make the monitor you require to be the LR second display as monitor 2. I reckon it's not currently.

Right I have managed to sort a solution from both of your help. I managed to switch the outputs of 1 and 2 over as reading the adobe forum that was posted the large view will select the left monitor.

I had looked at switching cables before but thought I couldn't. As couldn't see the right combination working. currently using a dvd-dvi. dvi-vga and hdmi-dvi cable you see.

Thanks very much for your help.

Glad it's sorted. I hate problems like that.

Back