3 Peaks Cyclo Cross B&W descent

Name
Adrian
Edit My Images
Yes
Happy with my 3 sets from Sunday and pleased with sales considering the amount of cameras out & about. Last year I had a monopoly on it as I was the only one that stuck it out in the wind and rain to get a full set!
Stayed up for the weekend in the camper van, cracking event and having competed in it before I feel their pain!! Just having a fiddle with Silver FX.

On the way to Cold Cotes:

3p-bw9-X3.jpg

I like the processing and I like the rider and bike, but it seems an odd place for a road race bike, on the side of some mountain :thinking:

They aren't really road bikes. Lightweight like a road bike but slightly more robust frames/forks and nobblier wider tyres. Much faster over the right kind of terrain than a mountain bike and lighter to pick up and carry when the going gets tough.

Cheers guys. Surprising what terrain the cyclo cross bikes negotiate! A handful of guys competed on single speed bikes :-0

Andy,

It's a lovely image, but I would have hoped to see something that spoke of "3 peaks", though I suspect you have plenty of context in your other images.

Andy,

It's a lovely image, but I would have hoped to see something that spoke of "3 peaks", though I suspect you have plenty of context in your other images.

Thanks.
The 'classic' 3 peaks shots are 1st Climb up Simon Fell, Ribblehead & Horton Scar Lane with PYG in the background and as such are full to bursting with togs which also makes for 'untidy' backgrounds. This set gave the riders something slightly different and a clean image of each of them so from a sales point of view rather than an arty point of view it worked. I also got another unique spot with a nice Dales backdrop to give a little more context and again, away from the crowds. You will probably never cover an event with as many other togs around, many who are happy to give away the images via Flickr, etc. Looking at a lot of the sets, B&W seemed a popular option this year!

any news on the site? i'm still looking for a photo from the event where i dont look utterly terrified.
:O

any news on the site? i'm still looking for a photo from the event where i dont look utterly terrified.
:O

I was promised it would be back up Monday...............! The 3 sets I did are up on the sportsunday site though.

Back