3 Skylines

Name
Ash
Edit My Images
Yes
Lighting was a bit tricky on these, but I'm fairly happy with what I ended up with:

_MG_0059.JPG

_MG_0107.JPG

_MG_0122.JPG

and a few at F2.8.....

_MG_0146.JPG

_MG_0147.JPG

_MG_0153.JPG

Thanks for looking, and tips welcome :)

Lovely set (y)

Due to the prominent vertical features in the bg of #2, I'd be inclined to straigten up the pic a bit.

NP Ash. The 'jaunty' angle in #1 works but #2 stuck out a bit for the wrong reason, as otherwise, it's a great pic!

number 2 having 1 car really oof when the others are pretty focussed doesnt work imo If all 3 were in focus it would work well.

And the wing mirror shot is just a dirty wing mirror.

I dont see what the issue is tom.

The subject of a dirty wing mirror is hardly exciting is it, and if you notice the post about the other image is constructive stating it would look good if all 3 were in focus.

number 2 having 1 car really oof when the others are pretty focussed doesnt work imo If all 3 were in focus it would work well.

And the wing mirror shot is just a dirty wing mirror.

The wing mirror shot was purely to highlight the change in colour when the sun hits the paint :) I'll put a bit more thought into it next time lol

leave him alone ryan :LOL:

Ash, the new bumper looks ace in the first shot!!

shame about the shadow on RB26 :(

i need to sort through my pics from that day out

Yeah, been mentioned on another site that I could've tried a bit of fill flash from the right to get rid of it

I dont see what the issue is tom.

The subject of a dirty wing mirror is hardly exciting is it, and if you notice the post about the other image is constructive stating it would look good if all 3 were in focus.

Indeed it was, and it will be remembered for next time :)

Nice cars - my faves - but TBH there's only one shot (No3) that has anything near any potential; the rest are just detail shots of car parts.

Now, I don't want to sound harsh by saying this but what exactly was the purpose of this shoot? To take some snaps? To take shots that the owners would be able to frame? To create automotive art? There are a lot of shots like these on TP and although the subject mater is nice, they don't offer anything photographically IMO....

Compositionally the one that works best for me is 5, the spoiler. Seeing the car behind's headlight through that gap (albeit deliberately out of focus) made me wonder about increasing the DoF and repositioning the rear car so you can get its grille and front GT-R badge in the space.

Light was good on the RB26 shot, shame about the shadow - someone mentioned fill flash, what about moving the car (or was the thing causing the shadow still going to be in the way?

As for the others, ideas in 1 and 2 are sound but don't think either location did you any favours. Watch for barrel distortion typical of wide angle lenses like on the rear wheel in 3.

i like 5 and 6 a lot

Nice pictures

Nice cars - my faves - but TBH there's only one shot (No3) that has anything near any potential; the rest are just detail shots of car parts.

Now, I don't want to sound harsh by saying this but what exactly was the purpose of this shoot? To take some snaps? To take shots that the owners would be able to frame? To create automotive art? There are a lot of shots like these on TP and although the subject mater is nice, they don't offer anything photographically IMO....

The shoot was kind of just an excuse for us to meet up, but also the owner of the purple GT-R is new to DSLR photography and asked if I could point him in the right direction with my own limited knowledge. Just thought I'd post up the results for some crit :)

Compositionally the one that works best for me is 5, the spoiler. Seeing the car behind's headlight through that gap (albeit deliberately out of focus) made me wonder about increasing the DoF and repositioning the rear car so you can get its grille and front GT-R badge in the space.

Light was good on the RB26 shot, shame about the shadow - someone mentioned fill flash, what about moving the car (or was the thing causing the shadow still going to be in the way?

As for the others, ideas in 1 and 2 are sound but don't think either location did you any favours. Watch for barrel distortion typical of wide angle lenses like on the rear wheel in 3.

Unfortunately the spoiler belongs to the only GT-R on the shoot, but I'll bear the badge idea in mind for next time!

The shadow was actually caused by the radiator, and because of the location and where the sun was, we would've had to block the road down to a car park in order to lose the shadow :(

Thanks all for your input :)

Back