3 teaspoons of water

Edit My Images
No
Double drop collision in 3 teaspoons of water

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v282/fishbait/128crop.jpg?t=1281740539

Did I mention the shot was handheld? The dish, not the camera.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v282/fishbait/DSC_0128.jpg?t=1281740751

To add a little drama, I shot the water column with a .22 caliber pellet gun

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v282/fishbait/DSC_0097.jpg?t=1281740841

And...to add a little more drama.....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v282/fishbait/full.jpg?t=1281741048

Staff Edit: Images removed. (Links left in place). Pictures must not exceed current forum limits of 800 pixels on the longest edge, as per the rules. Please feel free to replace with fresh/resized images and remove this text

Last edited by a moderator:
The last one works the best ya nutter, first one the thumb is too distracting.
:clap:

'And for my last trick, not only shall I shoot the droplets with my camera, but I shall shoot them with.... MY GUN!!!!'

:gasps from the audience:

:drumroll:

: plop : : bang : : click :

:LOL:

Cool shots. I like the 2nd most. (y)

Don't worry looking at the last one it might not be there now:)

Very nice and yes...You are a complete Nutter.

You have missed the point. They are the same photo, the first being a crop of the second. They are presented that way for effect. The thumb in the first one creats a question in the viewers mind that is resolved with the second in an unexpected way.

You have missed the point. They are the same photo, the first being a crop of the second. They are presented that way for effect. The thumb in the first one creats a question in the viewers mind that is resolved with the second in an unexpected way.

No I haven't, I didn't comment on the second shot just the first and last.

Very nice and impressive! So how many frames did you actually take to get these display shots?

Very nice and impressive! So how many frames did you actually take to get these display shots?
I get a 99% success rate using intervolometers and a trigger solenoid. I can repeat shot after shot with virtually no wasted frames.

These are truly innovative shots :clap::clap:(y) and very nice ones
I am stunned. I have been playing with water, bubbles and smoke on my boring moments for quite a while now but you left me stunned with these shots :)) forgive the pun :))

And seems you still have some more in the tank to come up with the goods and stir a revolution in water shots. I will be watching this space with interest :), let them come

I get a 99% success rate using intervolometers and a trigger solenoid. I can repeat shot after shot with virtually no wasted frames.
:thinking: quite interesting, so how do you time the shot from the air pistol? Is it fired remotely also by interlinking with the timed water drop and flash?
Just curious.

Thanks

These are truly innovative shots :clap::clap:(y) and very nice ones
I am stunned. I have been playing with water, bubbles and smoke on my boring moments for quite a while now but you left me stunned with these shots :)) forgive the pun :))

And seems you still have some more in the tank to come up with the goods and stir a revolution in water shots. I will be watching this space with interest :), let them come

:thinking: quite interesting, so how do you time the shot from the air pistol? Is it fired remotely also by interlinking with the timed water drop and flash?
Just curious.

Thanks
Thanks for the kind comments!

Everything is controlled using two intervolometers which are linked together. One detects the drops and fires the flash; the second detects the drop and sends a signal to a relay which fires a trigger solenoid mounted on the gun.

I have an active 32 page thread on NikonCafe.com that has many more images and a complete description of the set-up along with photos of the rig.

The thread is in the sub-forum titled "General Flash Photography, Lighting, and Techniques" The thread is titled "Shooting Water Drops...With a Gun" . The thread is very comprehensive and detailed. You may have to register to see the thread.

Back