3 tritone Pictures, 1 theme

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi folks,
I took a visit to Flamborough Head in January, and have been beavering away on some pictures I shot. I was thinking that the following 3 pictures would look quite nice in a bathroom in square black frames next to each other. All taken with my 350D and 50mm:

These were perhaps the best of a bad bunch really, and looked quite bland as colour shots, hence the Tritone-ing. Any thoughts on whether they work as a series?

Matt

Last edited:
Photographically, as a group they are fine but.... it all depends on your bathroom. Style, colours, decor, accessories etc and whether you want the photographs to contrast, compliment or whatever.

Equally it will be important what type of frames you use eg aluminium, stainless steel, plastic, wood etc and how the frame meets your style. Whether they will suit or not will be in the eye of the beholder. HTH.

regards

PS...and this is purely subjective, I'm not sure if square is the right shape.

regards

I think you might be right, but i'd go for 'driftwood' style frames and fairly large mattes, either that or present them as a tryptich, 3 shots mounted in ther same frame. I also quite like the tritone effect here, it's quite subtle.

My printer does it automatically without me even asking! ;)

Hehe!

Thanks for the feedback. I think these kind of pictures are more personal than photographic (if that makes sense!). I remember when taking them just how cold I was, and having the wind rattling off the North Sea. I like that about Photography - how a picture can bring back the whole mood of the day :)

Matt

I think it is a great idea and that they would certainly work well displayed together depending on the rest of your decour.

Large mattes and either aluminium or aged wood frames would really compliment them well. :)

Back