30 bit color in photoshop

Name
Richard Wong
Edit My Images
No
Right got a strange one here.

I got a Quadro K2000 card and U2713H monitor. Photoshop has 30bit turned on, but the monitor is not displaying the full range ie there is banding in the RAMP.PSD file. now i can swear it was working when I first installed the card etc.

I recently migrated my system and files to a RAID 5. So I have done a clean install of quadro driver to no avail. and there is no option in Quadro drive like for the firepro driver that enables the 30 bit colour...so i am a bit lost.

anyone can throw some help would be much appreciated.

I am not even sure there is a setting in OS (windows 7) that controls it.

That page is way out of date. The card and driver all came after 2011, the pdf was made in 2009...

May have to send an email to nvidia. Don't really fancy the prospect of a system reinstallation.

That monitor can only display 10 bit... it uses a 8bit panel with AFRC dithering to display a 10 bit source. 30 bit is just 24 bit with alpha channel... it's not 30 bit colour anyway. If you've got banding it may be something to do with the display port driver in Windows as well as the NVidia drivers. Even a bog standard 8bit per pixel source shouldn't band if displayed properly.

The monitor is hardware profiled yes?

However.... This Photoshop CC? You're not the only one complaining about this if you do a search. It seems many are seeing banding in gradients in CC.

So its a CC issue? (I have also read the threads about issues on CC) But I was pretty sure I didn't have the issue when I installed the card in.

Will also play around the disport connection to see there are issues and reinstall the monitor driver

So its a CC issue? (I have also read the threads about issues on CC) But I was pretty sure I didn't have the issue when I installed the card in.

Will also play around the disport connection to see there are issues and reinstall the monitor driver

Obviously I can't say for certain, but it seems widely discussed, which is why I suggested it. I wish I could say for certain, or test things at this end, but I don't use a Quadro or Fire card here at home as I game as well, so need a fast 3D card. 8bit is actually fine if you hardware profile at the monitor LUT, and don't do anything with mathematically linear gradient ramps. I use a Quadro card equipped Mac a great deal at work, and haven't had CC issues, but then again, it may only be a WIndows/CC issue, not Mac/CC.

Is the monitor hardware profiled (with the X-Rite i1 Display Pro and Dell's software)? If not, then you will always get banding in gradient if you profile the card's LUT.

Ya Dave, it is hardware profiled. I had DP1.2 turned off on the monitor but that did nothing when I turned it back on. So a bit stuck

Back