300 flashes!

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
finalimageweb.jpg

A shot taken on Monday night at a lecture I gave to the members of the Dundee Camera Club

We had about 60 members use the flashes on their cameras or handheld flashes - this image is 5 different exposures blended in layers - with each one getting a flash - or perhaps 2 - per member.

At a club in scotland - I could the same lecture for you....

Here's the page of the basics from the lecture

Forgive me for being picky, but if you were going to combine multiple exposures then why didn't you do one exposed for the ambient light, ie the two street areas off to the left and right which have blown out?

You also need to straighten the horizon on the war memorial.

Pretty impressive flash work though!

What is going on with the perspective of this image, have you skewed it to straighted the verticals of the church, it just looks completely wrong, I like the technical merit of so many flashes but the subject just looks weird.

Matt
MWHCVT

The viewpoint required the use of a 17mm lens on full frame - and had to correct using perspective in PS - and obviously with such a wide it will pull the building...

I am a wedding photographer to trade - not a landscape or architecture one.... and having 60 of a crew does put a bit of pressure on... ;-)

Impressive how evenly lit the building is, quite an ambitious idea but I'd say it paid off!

Here's a video of the event shot by one of the members

http://vimeo.com/19151780

The even lighting is down to the fact that we lit the church in sections then put them on layers in photoshop so we could bring them in variable quantites.

Back