300 posts people

The moment you joined I knew it would not take you long to overtake me ;)

the thing is, there are only so many places you can spam here, and cos there isnt a lot of spam here, the majority of posts end up being useful. I dont think any of the current team have any problem with post counts, there is no magic target to reach to get anything special so there is no incentive to spam it up anyway!

so whitewash, thank you for participating in these forums!

heh

no

:)

Joe T said:
And you now have 301 posts, so that makes this thread kinda redundant doesnt it? :p

Maybe I will shut up in a minute! :D

True - parties over, nothing to see here;)

Congratulations Whitewash (y)

whitewash said:
oh go on, you know you want to!

lol, dunno if you can do minus numbers in VB!:thinking:

Hehe

We don't have a problem with spam on here, as what would be normally considered spam, ends up being a good friendly laugh, and it isn't taken to the extreme like alot of other sites. That's when site staff have to step in and control the spam, which we don't have a problem with here (y).

Oh, btw,

:plus1: :D

Marcel said:
We don't have a problem with spam on here

:plus1: ;)

Oops, didn't notice it had been done :bonk:

Matty said:
the thing is, there are only so many places you can spam here, and cos there isnt a lot of spam here, the majority of posts end up being useful.
Hmm.... that music thread has over 2,300 replies. There's also a hell of a lot of stuff here that doesn't serve any useful purpose.

Personally I think that post counters should be removed from all forums as doing so discourages spamming.

GfK said:
Hmm.... that music thread has over 2,300 replies. There's also a hell of a lot of stuff here that doesn't serve any useful purpose.

In what way though? Sure, it may not serve an education or referencial purpose, like a tutorial or an explanation of a photography term, but they ALL serve a purpose in helping to build the community atmosphere we have here.

Without things like the music thread, or jokey replies (which may seem as to not serve a purpose), then there would be no point in having a forum, we would be better off running a reference site with submissions.

In all honesty, we don't get much REAL spam here. We get short, chatty replies, but rarely do we get people posting drivel purely for postings sake or simply to up their postcounts (I suppose we'll exclude the music thread from that statement for arguments sake).

Personally I like my postcount. I use them alot in my day to day forum usage (not just on here), for me it serves as a quick glance reminder as to who joins in regularly on a forum, and (with the registration date) helps me mentally note whether someone is a spammer, a lurker, or an average contributor.

:)

Well I noticed a few of the old AVF guys popped in, but fair play you stuck to it ;)

I blame this site for my RSI ;)

Back