32" 4k Monitor Choices

Name
Philip
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm looking for a 32" 4k+ monitor with high colour accuracy to pair with my Macbook Pro for editing. Below is a list of a few options, but I'm wondering if I've missed some others? I'm currently on a 2019 5k iMac, and would like a little bigger/better. Budget wise, not really sure. I don't have a fixed amount, and this is a business investment anyway.

So far, I have:

Asus PA329C
BenQ SW321C

I would consider an Apple ProDisplay XDR, apart from the price, a rumour of a lower-priced version this year has me even more hesitant.

Thanks.

Phil.

I have a 2017 iMac 5k and have decided to wait and see what Apple announce in the spring this year.

I think going to a 4k monitor from a 5K will disappoint you. The pixel density will be even lower if they are spread over a larger screen.
The Apple rumour mill is forecasting they might even release a lower cost stand alone monitor as well as new large iMac. If you could stretch to go for the XDR then I don't think any others come near it in capability. I can't justify that price for personal use.

I have a 2017 iMac 5k and have decided to wait and see what Apple announce in the spring this year.

I think going to a 4k monitor from a 5K will disappoint you. The pixel density will be even lower if they are spread over a larger screen.
The Apple rumour mill is forecasting they might even release a lower cost stand alone monitor as well as new large iMac. If you could stretch to go for the XDR then I don't think any others come near it in capability. I can't justify that price for personal use.
I know, its so difficult to know what to do. I've pretty much had to move to a Macbook due to the volume of weddings I have this year so I can edit anywhere, any time instead of being stuck in the studio. It's a shame I can't use the 5k imac screen as a monitor.

I am tempted to get a 27" interim type monitor to see what Apple does.

Take this advice with a pinch of salt because I have not used all monitors, but I just picked up an Eizo monitor for my photography work.

My reasons for choosing it over the equivalent BenQ were a) I had read a few reviews of the BenQ which said that luminance consistency across the panel was sometimes a bit lacking (in the real world...who knows whether this actually matters) and b) the sheer amount of high quality documentation available from Eizo about colour management that gave me great confidence they knew what they were talking about. If you do some searching you will also find they are very well regarded by photographers.

The Eizo monitors also have their own colour management software, and some of them even have a build in measurement device so you can schedule auto calibration.

They are a bit more expensive than the BenQ but I have not regretted my purchase one bit.

Last edited:
Take this advice with a pinch of salt because I have not used all monitors, but I just picked up an Eizo monitor for my photography work.

My reasons for choosing it over the equivalent BenQ were a) I had read a few reviews of the BenQ which said that luminance consistency across the panel was sometimes a bit lacking (in the real world...who knows whether this actually matters) and b) the sheer amount of high quality documentation available from Eizo about colour management that gave me great confidence they knew what they were talking about. If you do some searching you will also find they are very well regarded by photographers.

The Eizo monitors also have their own colour management software, and some of them even have a build in measurement device so you can schedule auto calibration.

They are a bit more expensive than the BenQ but I have not regretted my purchase one bit.

I would second this. BenQ are a Chinese maker - with Chinese quality.

Eizo are a Japanese maker with Japanese quality and integrity. There is no finer moniter maker tbh.

This is the one for a photographer. You need 99% plus aRGB coverage and 100% sRGB coverage.

If this is out of budget - I'd just go down to 27inch. I'd have loved 32inch but it was just that bit more than I wanted to pay.

Last edited:
I would second this. BenQ are a Chinese maker - with Chinese quality.

Eizo are a Japanese maker with Japanese quality and integrity. There is no finer moniter maker tbh.

This is the one for a photographer. You need 99% plus aRGB coverage and 100% sRGB coverage.

If this is out of budget - I'd just go down to 27inch. I'd have loved 32inch but it was just that bit more than I wanted to pay.
I looked at Eizo but their 32" screens for photographers, which are around £4k+ so we're up at Apple Pro Display territory, and you lose resolution and thunderbolt / USB C and 96w charging which is perfect for the Macbook.

Back