350D - £560 inc kit lens - 12 months interest free.

Name
Steve Green
Edit My Images
Yes
Thats the deal at Jessops at the moment as they have advertised that they will beat internet prices from certain sites, this one included.

Thats £560 for the 350D and the kit lens, all on 12 months interest free :smilenod:

Is this a no-brainer?

stevegreen said:
Unlikely, they quote two sites. The one i linked and www.cameras2u.com

I think I read somewhere those stores are actually owned by Jessops. If so it's a little bit naughty to say the least.

Edit: maybe, maybe not, certainly a bit of a coincidence.Second post down

That doesn't suprise me at all as both sites are similar looking and have the same price, exactly. Also, the one thing that is making me a little suspicious is that the Jessops deal at £599 includes a gadget bag whereas the internet deal doesn't.

For all you people considering jessops here's something worth reading:
http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthread.php?t=135407

oh and I dug around about the companies Jessops aledge to 'price match on-line' to...[its further on in the above thread but here it is straight to the point]
http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showpost.php?p=1161662&postcount=47

make of it what you will.

p.s. you'll also note one of the shop assistants cleaned the front element of a 16-35L with his - none too clean looking - polyester tie. i don't think that was the best thing for a lens of that expense, but that could just be me...

Interesting links, none of it comes as any real surprise though. The sticking point will more than likely be the gadget bag that jessops include and the web links don't. That will be reason they can't price match..........themselves :D

cameras2u.com
Organization: JPInteractive Ltd

Organization: Expert Imaging Ltd
Address 1: 98 Scudamore Road
Address 2:
Phone: +44 (0)116 232 645
City: Leicester

Organization: JPInteractive Ltd

shopping4cameras.com

Organization: Expert Imaging Ltd
Address 1: 98 Scudamore Road
Address 2:
Phone: +44 (0)116 232 645
City: Leicester

Jessops

Registrant:
Jessops Group Ltd
Jessop House
98 Scudamore Road
Leicester, Leicestershire le3 1tz
UK

Somebody should send a complaint the the advertising standards authority, I reckon that's blatant misrepresentation on the part of Jessops.

Well people pay more than that for s/h on EBAY, so go for it !!!

But then again if you buy from Currys at £580

Enter promotion code NHS192 for 5% off :- now £551
Pay with an Egg credit card for 5% off :- now £523

If you still need interest free, then open new credit card with 9 months 0% & xfer balance.

Back