350D arrived today

Edit My Images
Yes
Hurrah!

(not a word I would normally say - sounds like my grandad)

YAY!!!

it has a nice shutter snd - and tbh, 3fps is perfectly good for me vs the 8.5 some people have. Its still pretty fast!

And size wise - as someone who's moving from a compact (A75) its big enough for me, if anything it can get quite heavy (with the 135 2.8 anyway).

I'll update my website with pics shortly. I've had it one day, and taken over 700 photos!

Leo

leoedin said:
I've had it one day, and taken over 700 photos!
You'll wear out the nice sounding shutter in a couple of months at that rate! :eek: :bonk:

Glad your happy with the camera, mine's brought me nothing but enjoyment over the last 10 months or so... Enjoy (y)

Great! Nothing's quite like your first SLR. :)

leoedin said:
I've had it one day, and taken over 700 photos!

Crikey (not a word I would normally use either ... must be the thread !) mate ... ! :p

Jill thought I was crackers taking 1500 or so on our three week holiday recently !?! :thinking:

700 in a day is just downright greedy ... ! :LOL:

Enjoy the new toy ... although it sounds like you don't need any encouragement ? (y)

congrats mate, i remember when mine arrived too, it was only 9 months ago and i love everything about it, just one thing, save up for the battery grip, its well worth the extra.

Nice one! Expect to see some pics in the 'sharing' section from you soon :)

It's great fun trying to work out what all the buttons are for though isn't it?? :nuts:

Boon said:
just one thing, save up for the battery grip, its well worth the extra.

Seconded the above makes life so much easier with big lenses and general handerling.

Congrats on your new toy, enjoy (y) (y)

theres a few things I'm going to buy before the grip, but its definately on my list :D

I don't think I'll normally take that many photos. I have to admit that it was in burst mode, so every time I took pictures, I sometimes took more than one by mistake. And, I was using MF lenses, so to get good focus in low light (after sunset) I was focussing to infinity and then slow focussing back in with the shutter bursting :D

oh, and I took over a hundred photos of someone doing a dance (put it in low res, and the buffer lasts over 700 shots! - who needs movie mode!)

Leo

Ahh the old machine gun mode :)

Nowt wrong with having a play with your new toy, I did a few hundred in my first few days easily.
700 though, there'll be none left for the rest of us! You're taking all the pictures!..lol

Just kidding mate, enjoy it. Like CT says, there's nothing like your first SLR (I should know I'm still using mine :D)

For me, there's nothing like finally having your own shutter noise to sound like you've got a proper grown up camera, and not just a compacts "click" or even worse, a 'Theme' / wav which sounds like a shutter. :D

Enjoy!

hmmm...I have now taken 935 photos - I'm slowing down a bit :D

Machine gun mode is the best - I discovered the cut down and 1.5ish fps machine gun mode of my A75 about 2 weeks after I got it. Lets just say I went from 309 photos to 500 photos in a few hours :D.

Anyway, its good to have a replacement for the very weary A75 - its taken over 7000 photos since xmas 2004 - quite a lot for a compact. (A lot of year old 350D's have only taken half that :D)

And finally...I don't have to wait for the lens to come out :D

Leo

Congratulations:)

The main thing is your using it, worst possible case is you get one and then never use it. Also its so much easier to get an under standing of how to employ various funtions for various situations by getting out there and experimenting (speaking as someone whos still following that path;) ).

So knock yourself out(y)

well...I've been taking a lot of pics in Av with old Nikon 35, 50 and 135mm MF lenses (They're all below f/2.8 :D)

Its incredible how much smaller DOF you get with a DSLR, even with the 1.6 crop :D

edit: My MF technique isn't very good, and its quite a small viewfinder, but heres an image at 135mm f/2.8 (I think :D). I havn't done any post processing (I hate loading PS, I need more memory :D) yet, so its probably quite soft :D

bokeh.jpg

Back