350d info required please

Edit My Images
Yes
hi
i have my camera set to RAW, but for some reason known only to my camera, it shoots the first 2 images in JPG, why??:ponders:
TIA

Boon said:
hi
i have my camera set to RAW, but for some reason known only to my camera, it shoots the first 2 images in JPG, why??:ponders:
TIA

More details on settings required I think.

Where are you setting it to RAW?
I presume in Menu 1 and the first option for 'Quality'

Are you shooting in the Creative Modes ie: manual, AV, TV etc.
If you switch to a basic zone it will automatically switch back to jpeg but that wouldn't explain why only the first two are jpegs and the rest are RAW

Bachs said:
Where are you setting it to RAW?
I presume in Menu 1 and the first option for 'Quality'
Are you shooting in the Creative Modes ie: manual, AV, TV etc.
If you switch to a basic zone it will automatically switch back to jpeg but that wouldn't explain why only the first two are jpegs and the rest are RAW

'''yes i set RAW in menu 1, didn't know there was anywhere else to set it:ponders: '''

'''' i use mainly the 'P' zone '''

'''i have a feeling this is what happened Bachs, during the shoot, i must have moved the dial, as i remember the flash popped up too, so had to turn it back to 'P' :doh: :banghead: '''

Boon said:
'''yes i set RAW in menu 1, didn't know there was anywhere else to set it:ponders: '''

'''' i use mainly the 'P' zone '''

'''i have a feeling this is what happened Bachs, during the shoot, i must have moved the dial, as i remember the flash popped up too, so had to turn it back to 'P' :doh: :banghead: '''

There isn't anywhere else to set it.

Your answer I reckon is definitely in the second part of your post.
Easy done mate :)

Like Bachs says - RAW is only possible in creative mode, regardless of what other settings you make. And Basic modes should always shoot in JPEG (although quality I think can be changed).

Back