350D Owners

I have one for sale. £79 shipped brand new if anyone's interested.

I bought a copy marketed by Opteka from Amazon .com , apparently it's identical, just doesn't have the Canon logo. I've had mine for a few months now, I never take it off the camera.

Mike

I know this will sound very naive, but I don’t understand the necessity of battery grips?:shrug:

I understand that the battery pack weights the camera and makes it feel more like a proper DSLR, but to me the camera doesn’t feel small. It might be compared to a higher spec DSLR, but, not ever having handled one I wouldn’t know. I have moved up from a compact, so I quite like the fact that it’s not huge. Is this not something that only an experienced SLR user would feel the benefit of?

I am sure I am missing the point,as everyone reccomends them and if they make the photography experience better I will get one.:)

It is just so much easier to use a battery grip in the vertical position when taking pictures in portrait mode and still fiddling with all the features.

I have one for the 300D and will be looking for one for the 20D in my next pay packet.

They do tend to balance the camera out that little bit more as well and the obvious prolonged life of the batteries is a major bonus too.

lumpster said:
I know this will sound very naive, but I don’t understand the necessity of battery grips?:shrug:

I understand that the battery pack weights the camera and makes it feel more like a proper DSLR, but to me the camera doesn’t feel small. It might be compared to a higher spec DSLR, but, not ever having handled one I wouldn’t know. I have moved up from a compact, so I quite like the fact that it’s not huge. Is this not something that only an experienced SLR user would feel the benefit of?

I am sure I am missing the point,as everyone reccomends them and if they make the photography experience better I will get one.:)

I thought the same until I got mine, basically it just gives you (me) a bit more to grab when handling the body and also you get double battery life if you've got 2 batteries in which is invaluable. In summary longer life = more pics, better handling, even for me as a non-slr person before I got my 350d.

thanks for the responses guys. I might pop into jessops and have a go. You never know i might be PMing you, kamion ;), thats if you still have it.

lumpster said:
thanks for the responses guys. I might pop into jessops and have a go. You never know i might be PMing you, kamion ;), thats if you still have it.

Yup, it's still available. :)

Back