35mm c41 cheapo dev and scan

Name
Graham
Edit My Images
No
It seems I'm a bit out of touch. It's about 18 months since I last had a roll of vista developed at Asda. Just popped in today to get a couple more done and was met with s blank stare.

Any physical shops still doing this now?

Otherwise any recommendations for online?

It seems I'm a bit out of touch. It's about 18 months since I last had a roll of vista developed at Asda. Just popped in today to get a couple more done and was met with s blank stare.

Any physical shops still doing this now?

Otherwise any recommendations for online?

Max Spielmann and Snappy Snaps still do on premises, I think; they are franchises and highly variable in quality depending on how much the staff know. They also tend to only do small scans, suitable for 4*6" prints, IIRC. You need to ask for a CD to get the scan, might be a bit extra.

Otherwise, check the nifty price estimator for online. Current favourite seems to be Filmdev, which will cost you about the same as the two above, but for a better scan. You do have to pay up to £3.40 for postage though as the size of cassettes means it has to go small parcel rate, unless you're prepared to risk the cassette out of its pot in a thin plastic envelope with a large letter stamp dropped in a letter box... if they do decide it's still a small parcel, they'll add £3 to the cost and delay it by a few days. :(

Max Spielmann and Snappy Snaps still do on premises, I think; they are franchises and highly variable in quality depending on how much the staff know. They also tend to only do small scans, suitable for 4*6" prints, IIRC. You need to ask for a CD to get the scan, might be a bit extra.

Otherwise, check the nifty price estimator for online. Current favourite seems to be Filmdev, which will cost you about the same as the two above, but for a better scan. You do have to pay up to £3.40 for postage though as the size of cassettes means it has to go small parcel rate, unless you're prepared to risk the cassette out of its pot in a thin plastic envelope with a large letter stamp dropped in a letter box... if they do decide it's still a small parcel, they'll add £3 to the cost and delay it by a few days. :(

Thank you very much. It's got very pricey all of a sudden hasn't it? :(

I've been using thephotoshoponline.co.uk for mine. £4.95 for colour 35mm developing+cd and £8.95 for same service as B&W. Turnaround is fairly quick and results have been good. Get high and low res scans.

Last edited:
Not the cheapest but Jessops stores can still do this if you have one local

Do they do them in-house or send them out? Most Boots will still send them out, I think...

Do they do them in-house or send them out? Most Boots will still send them out, I think...

Local Jessie's do them in house and can do 120 roll film too (colour neg only) if transparency or b&w they won't do those but colour neg no worries

Back