35mm f1.4

Name
Graham
Edit My Images
No
I picked up a nikon 35mm f1.4G today. Thought I might need to sell a kidney to fund it but boy is it a sweet thing :)

Have had a play with it on a D3 this afternoon, can't wait to use it in anger. I think the 85, which has been my favourite for a while, is going to get jealous while I get it out of my system, just don't want to take it off.

(y)

Congratulations on your new toy.

May I ask a couple of questions; what made you choose this one over the 35 f/2, with a huge price difference for the one-stop; and, why this one vs. the 24 f/1.4?

Wail said:
(y)

Congratulations on your new toy.

May I ask a couple of questions; what made you choose this one over the 35 f/2, with a huge price difference for the one-stop; and, why this one vs. the 24 f/1.4?

A couple of reasons. I already have a 24-70 f2.8 and 14-24 f2.8 so I already have the focal lengths covered, but I just love fast primes. Im primarily a wedding photographer and the 35mm will get more use than the 24 which is a bit wide for people shots for my tastes most of the time. The extra stop is hugely beneficial to me if I need to shoot low light and not allowed to use flash.

I think the 24 would be a nice addition too but that will have to wait a while I think ;)

A couple of reasons. I already have a 24-70 f2.8 and 14-24 f2.8 so I already have the focal lengths covered, but I just love fast primes. Im primarily a wedding photographer and the 35mm will get more use than the 24 which is a bit wide for people shots for my tastes most of the time. The extra stop is hugely beneficial to me if I need to shoot low light and not allowed to use flash.

I think the 24 would be a nice addition too but that will have to wait a while I think ;)

Thanks for the clarification (y)

Nice, looking forward to the photos.. Another to add to the want list I should imagine.

It would be good if they could do an AF-S version of the 35/2 as well.

I'd imagine it would be about the same size & weight of the 50/1.4g as the 35/1.4g looks a lot bigger & heavier than the 50!

I like the AF-S 50/1.4 much more than the AF-D 50/1.4 with the way you can instantly switch from MF to AF without needing to flick the switch.

Back