35MM film from a newbie

Welcome aboard, and fair play for launching in feet first with some photos. Which makes this awfully difficult to type...

#1 - not sure if the double exposure works to be honest. Could have been a reasonable shot of the dude in the hat, but the orange glow just wipes it out. Sorry but not for me.

#2 - was this when the K100 broke ? Underexposed shot of a candle - not a simple thing to shoot admittedly, but with the flashed film, again - I probably wouldn't have bothered scanning it.

#3 - could have potential as a background for other shots, as it stands not enough to keep the interest.

#4 - record shot, i'll assume it's not really for critique.

sorry for being unremittingly negative, but to be perfectly honest, these shots are the perfect example of the fact that just because its shot on film, doesn't make it automatically arty and wonderful. :shrug:

Nah thats fine, i mean i never thought they were wonderful shots or arty shots! Just thought id post them up and get some feedback to see what things could be improved on!

and i agree with the double exposure but the k100 was broke, what can you do eh?

Last edited:
the first one had potential, its just a shame about the double exposure :shrug: the third one could be used in a double exposure on purpose but apart from that, they dont do a great deal for me :( sorry

Back