35mm or 120 folder?

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi Folks,

I have a hankering for a decent folder. I haven't really decided whether to go for 35mm or 120 but would quite like it to have a reasonable quality lens.

So what do you good folk in the F&C section recommend and how much can I expect to pay?

Both.. .. :)

You can pick up something usable (might stick at slow shutter speeds) for under £20, mint can get into silly money, and a vast range in-between.

Andy will no doubt back me up, but I would personally recommend one of the Ensign Selfix 120 folders, one of the models with the flaps in the film chamber that can be set to either 6x6 or 6x9 before you load the film.

I'm quite fond of my Perkeo - though they've seen a bit of an increase in cost since I picked mine up for £20. Saw one on fleabay - had to laugh when I saw it was being advertised with a roll of kodak film already in place... see picture 6 :LOL:

I always said I'd buy a Voightlander Vitessa but never got round to it, The Bessa's are ok but not quite as elegant.
For 120, maybe a Mamiya Six or Super Ikonta and if you're feeling a bit flush, Mamiya 6 / Plaubell Makina though the last three are folding rangefinders.
I think you have to include the old polaroids too, maybe a 350/450 or something..:)

Nick
If you fancy a drive out to my home (Welwyn Garden City) i have quite a few folders (35mm/120), and few TLR`S nothing special or expensive, you can play with them to yours content to see if any of them suit you or not.

I keep meaning to put them for sale, but cant be bothered with all the hassle of posting etc, to be honest i am not fussed if i sell them or not so you are under no obligation to buy.:)

Ensign Selfix/voightlanders/Agfa /Kodak etc

Well guys, just missed out on the Perkeo so I'll have to keep looking.

Nick
If you fancy a drive out to my home (Welwyn Garden City) i have quite a few folders (35mm/120), and few TLR`S nothing special or expensive, you can play with them to yours content to see if any of them suit you or not.

I keep meaning to put them for sale, but cant be bothered with all the hassle of posting etc, to be honest i am not fussed if i sell them or not so you are under no obligation to buy.:)

Ensign Selfix/voightlanders/Agfa /Kodak etc

Thanks Groucho, I may well take you up on that.

Back