36 EXP project - Results

robhooley167

Sir, my fingers are stuck together
Name
Rob
Edit My Images
Yes
Well I guess I have drawn the short straw and am the first,so gentle please.:)

This was taken on a Vivitar 35ES and Acros 100.

On holiday my wife Jan and myself walked from Albir at one end of the bay to Altea at the other end. The return walk was some seven miles in 88 degree's,so it took some effort.I hope the contact sheet reflects the theme of a return walking trip.

Most people know that I do not get on with B&W,one of the reasons I choose to use Acros to add to the challenge:).

So my title for this is:

It should have been in colour.

Contact sheet.

#1.

#2.

#3.

The main reason I selected these three is that I felt they had good interest.

A great start!

As above Richard, an excellent start and a brave choice to shoot what would traditionally be a bright colourful location in B&W. I really like your first shot.

For my 36Exp I took my borrowed OM2 (thanks Nick!) over to Liverpool to capture the Giants on their way around town. I shot a roll of Ektar 100 and tried to capture the crowds as much as the Giants as I knew Flickr would be full of hundreds of similar shots of the little Girl and Her Grandmother.

The contact Sheet:

Contact Sheet - TP 36EXP Project by Steve Lloyd, on Flickr

1) A Sea of cameras

TP 36EXP Project by Steve Lloyd, on Flickr

2) Grandmother arrives

3) Hayley and Jake

Whilst we had gone to Liverpool to see the Giants (along with what felt like a few million other people!), I tried to show the other side of the attraction as well as my wife and son enjoying themselves. There are a few more pictures on my Flickr stream too.

The title for my 36Exp would be;

"The other side of Giants"

Cheers
Steve

Last edited:
Thank you all for the kind words.

Steve a great colour reply,I love your first shot very much,there is a lot of humour in that for a photographer.:)

Well, we do have a lot to live up to after those two super starts from Richard and Steve. Great sets all round.

I haven't even begun to shoot mine yet, although I do have a couple of ideas.

Well, we do have a lot to live up to after those two super starts from Richard and Steve. Great sets all round.

Thanks Andy. I was lucky that I had to shoot the roll when I did because of the Giants coming. If it wasn't for that I'd still be thinking of a theme!

Many thanks Andy,I enjoyed doing the challenge or was it Spain. :)

Great start guys, I'm hoping I get a chance to shoot mine this weekend.

well here is my effort. Its a small part of what will be a larger project.

London, The City, or The Square Mile. The historic centre of London and the Financial district, although (for future hippy protesters) 99.9% is now over in Canary Wharf. I wanted to map out a square mile with the Bank of England at its centre and then document any diversity that may be there, trying to concentrate on not showing suits, porches, bankers etc.

So here is the first roll of my project. Shot in 35mm on a Fuji STX-2 with 50mm and Ilford FP4

and a few examples from the sheet which i hope show that there are a few small oasis's of pleasantness left in there

Last edited:
Excellent shots Ash and a really good, strong contact sheet as well. Need to get my ar*e in gear and get mine shot.

I like this very much Ash,well done,but as you have constructed your own contact sheet,will you do mine next time.:)

Thanks :) The sheet is really easy to do if you have Lightroom. Just select the photos you want, go into the print module and set the rows and columns, then print to a JPeg.

Thanks :) The sheet is really easy to do if you have Lightroom. Just select the photos you want, go into the print module and set the rows and columns, then print to a JPeg.
Great tip, something to look into.

Well done all so far for the picture, some really nice things keep them coming.

Ok here we go...

ContactSheet-001.jpg~original

F100-HP5-220814035.jpg~original

F100-HP5-220814033.jpg~original

F100-HP5-220814016.jpg~original

Last edited:
Nice those - No3 being my fave. I enjoyed looking at the contact sheet full size on FlickR too. Some pretty bad scratches half way through - who developed them?

Mine have been scratched every time they have devved them apart from when they did the other minolta camera. Going to try genie. If there are no scratches then I know it's entirely AG's fault. First roll was also damaged by Royal Fail on the return as well so you can't discount their stupid machines ruining the negs.

Some cracking results in this thread, well done everyone! I hope to be lowering the tone soon as my films have been received at Peak this morning :)

Received mine back from Peak today. I went home at lunchtme, and it was waiting for me. Had a quick look at the contact sheet, and theyve come out pretty much as I hoped with just a couple of misses, and a couple of 'why did I take that'..s. Hopefully get the results up tonight or tomorrow :)

Ok, its going to have to be tomorrow :(

I openned up the CD of scans to find that the scan of the contact sheet isnt my shots...(n) So, Im going to have to take a picture of my contact sheet tomorrow when I have some light. Think ive made my choice of three though (y)

Ok, so heres my attempt. All taken with a Nikon F80 and a mixture of 50mm f1.8 and 85mm f1.8 lenses on Agfa Precisa CT100 slide film. My theme was simply 'RGB', and I wanted shots where the colours were predominantly either red, green or blue. I did get a few shots where I included 2 or all three colours, but decided on the below for my 3 'prints'.

DSCF5819 by Full_Frame_Fan, on Flickr

11500-0036Copy by Full_Frame_Fan, on Flickr

11500-0004 by Full_Frame_Fan, on Flickr

11500-0025 by Full_Frame_Fan, on Flickr

Cheers

Nick

Ok, so heres my attempt. All taken with a Nikon F80 and a mixture of 50mm f1.8 and 85mm f1.8 lenses on Agfa Precisa CT100 slide film. My theme was simply 'RGB', and I wanted shots where the colours were predominantly either red, green or blue. I did get a few shots where I included 2 or all three colours, but decided on the below for my 3 'prints'.

DSCF5819 by Full_Frame_Fan, on Flickr

11500-0036Copy by Full_Frame_Fan, on Flickr

11500-0004 by Full_Frame_Fan, on Flickr

11500-0025 by Full_Frame_Fan, on Flickr

Cheers

Nick
Clever theme nick and good choices.

My theme was London, using Fuji Velvia on a Yashica Electro 35 GX. As I mentioned in the other thread, I was impressed at how well these came out considering the lack of sophistication in the AE shutter speeds. I hope you'll indulge me posting two contact sheets - I wasn't happy with some of the scans so took a shot of the strips on a light tablet in an attempt to show the difference.

36-exp-1
by Strappster, on Flickr

36-exp-2
by Strappster, on Flickr

36-exp-3
by Strappster, on Flickr

Last edited:
@Strappy Great stuff. Looks like the light table is the way to go.
#1 & #3 my faves.

They're a bit purple Dean, who scanned them? Nice shots though. The light box does look much better.

I did. First strip were done as I fiddled with various settings, then I gave up and reset everything to default and tried again, which was annoyingly much better. There's definitely a purple/magenta cast, I'll have another go at sorting it out in a bit.

I mean, I don't know what you're referring to. Have you tried recalibrating your monitor recently? :whistle:

Thanks both for the comments :)

Last edited:
Fantastic stuff on here folks, I'm really enjoying this. It appers my monitor is uncalibrated too, Dean, at least for the first part of your post!

Here's my attempt. The theme was travel, "inspired" by the August POTY. Camera Pentax MX (surprise!) and the 35mm lens. Portra 160 shot at 80, "exposed for the shadows", processed and scanned by Photo Express. "Contact strip" courtesy of Aperture.

I'll pick these 3 shots... (1) that grey dot in the centre is St Marys, Warwick, viewed from high on the Hatton Stair (known as the stairway to heaven!).

2) One boat leaving, one entering the lock; I thought I had caught the young lady in a wave but she saw me and got self-conscious.

3) And now for something completely different... art work on a foot path that will be demolished by HS2 before too long.

One from this roll also appeared in the "exposing negative

Back