36 EXP project - Results

Thanks Steve.

Time for a bit of thread necromancy!

My very belated 36EXP results

Untitled_Panorama1_zps7b1435e0.jpg

The theme/challenge for me was to see whether I could shoot a whole roll only in one room. The room chosen for this was the laboratory that I performed nearly all of the experiments needed for my BSc and MSc research projects. We had some rather odd things knocking around in that lab so I tried to get some of them in.

These were taken on a Zenit E (kindly loaned to me by the good gentleman Mr. @RaglanSurf ) with a Helios 44 on some expired XP2, this had quite a high base fog which only added to the charm!

This was somewhat of a Lo-Fi combination, which seemed appropriate in a high-tech lab!

Scan003_zpseb2c71a4.jpg

This little box was the bane of my existence for several weeks this summer, it was part of our experimental setup and would throw a hissy fit whenever it felt like it.

Scan023_zpse42faae8.jpg

The only amplifier left that my supervisor hadn't managed to blow up at the time of this photograph!

Scan022_zpsf6aec441.jpg

Some rather helpful labelling in our chemical cupboard, it's no wonder that lab consistently failed health and safety assessments.

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Nice light on the hillside!

Some more really interesting contact sheets and final shots. I like the almost urbex feel of Rob's shots and the camera/lens/film combo works really well. And as I am a sucker for a shapely tree Steve's set grab my attention, the last one of your chosen images is a real cracker mate.
As a H & S man myself the state of that lab makes me cringe Rob.... the HSE would shut you down in an instant....:D

Some more really interesting contact sheets and final shots. I like the almost urbex feel of Rob's shots and the camera/lens/film combo works really well. And as I am a sucker for a shapely tree Steve's set grab my attention, the last one of your chosen images is a real cracker mate.
As a H & S man myself the state of that lab makes me cringe Rob.... the HSE would shut you down in an instant....:D

Cheers Andy, only just noticed your reply.

Better late than never, I actually sent off my 36exp roll to AG to process and print a traditional contact sheet but I was so disappointed in the quality I decided to do a hybrid version myself. This was a roll I shot for the Street theme for the POTY but I didn't get the roll processed in time.

Here's the contact

Nikon FG Fuji Across 100 Contact+info by
Raglansurf, on Flickr

and my chosen pics

Somebody just tell him to shut the f*** up... by Raglansurf, on Flickr

Nikon FG Fuji Across 100 8 by Raglansurf, on Flickr

Nikon FG Fuji Across 100 9 by Raglansurf, on Flickr

Good set Nick. I can see why ypu chose those three but there are a couple of other crackers in the contact sheet. The kid in the fountain is great.

I agree mate, the contact sheet shows an excellent set so it must have been tough picking the three entries.

They all look sharp and well composed although the contact sheet shoes that you took them a 100 years from now ;0)

I agree mate, the contact sheet shows an excellent set so it must have been tough picking the three entries.

They all look sharp and well composed although the contact sheet shoes that you took them a 100 years from now ;0)

Good to know that fuji are still going strong!

Good set Nick. I can see why ypu chose those three but there are a couple of other crackers in the contact sheet. The kid in the fountain is great.
Thanks Steve, the fountain shot is very close to being my favourite of the roll but there are things that annoy me about it, all down to operator error :D

Oops! I did notice that but only after I flattened the image in PS :banghead:

Back