365 : A self portrait every day for one year

Marcel

Kim Jong Bod
Admin
Name
Marcel
Edit My Images
Yes
I've decided to do something similar to Jimmy_Lemon, but more inline with what '365' means on Flickr.....365 self portraits.
I started it yesterday, and will be uploading them to this thread too. I wont start new threads with each image. I'll just keep all new posts in this thread, updating it daily.

This thread is where you will see all my '365' shots. 365 self portraits.

Thats alot of photos of me or bits of my anatomy. I hope I don't bore everyone to sleep by day 10.
Some may be arty, some may be creative and funny. Some will be rushed and quick grabshots, some will be well thought out.
Whatever they will be, they will all be of me. In all my glory. No bones about it.

I'm currently 20 1/2 stone, and at a turning point in my life.
I'm turning it around, with weight, mood, happiness, confidence and much more, so I hope this will serve as a a tool for me to monitor these changes.

All I'll do is promise to be honest in the shots, and try and convey any mood at the time. Enjoy!

Day 001/365

2165951775_fb8a038974_o.jpg

Hello. This is me. Nowt special.
In all my glory. Sat in a grey t-shirt at my desk.
Fat and needing a shave. I sometimes wear glasses too.
This is who's going to be posting another 365 shots (Cos its 366 this year ;) of himself.

I hope I can keep it up.
080104_8662

Day 002/365

2170209352_6309fafd10_o.jpg

The christmas decorations come down tonight.
It's now all over for another year, and the child within me is upset.

Ah well, only another 11 months to go! Merry Christmas folks!

080105_8678

I didnt start it on New Years Day ;)

Well what I want to know is ... what is two of you doing sat on my settee! :eek:

He! he! good for you Marcel ... very brave (y)
I know I wouldnt have the nerve to show 365 of my self portraits to the whole forum!

Btw, you do know thats an awful lot of pics of you?
... and youre going to be running out of bits to photograph :naughty:

My word Marcel.......thats a rather spiffing T shirt your sporting over there on the couch, :D

A talk Photography t shirt, now thats as close as you'll get to a guarantee of satisfaction ;)

Cool idea Marcel (y)
1st of all I would like to thank you!
I thought of something similar , but wouldn't want to copy :D
So thats me off the hook (y)
2nd give that miserable SOB to your left a slap or a drink anything to cheer him up :D

Ok girls don't forget your 2008 Marcel Hunk calendar!!!! Available in WH Smiths and all good bookshops!!!

I must resist, I must resist, I must re...

Nope, I can't.

shrek.jpg

:D :D :D

Marcel ... You have opened yourself up to the more daring members of this forum ... :help:

I expect a citrus attack before too long ... :D

Bet you don't make it through the year .... :LOL:

:LOL: Great idea Marcel, looking forward to trawling through the vast amount of portraits that you will be posting :eek:
Love the motion blur of the waving hand in your 1st portrait btw (y)

Yay! Someone spotted it! :D

Day 003/365

2172822557_0c6749a61b_o.jpg

Today is my birthday! Yippee!. I'm 31 years young.

As luck would have it, I have a cold :( Sneezes, sniffles, and aches and pains (I think it's turning into manflu to be honest). The whole family are ill in one way or another too. So I spend my day today sipping hot lemsips from a mug, wrapped in a duvet.

Not to mention the electric shots I took getting this shot! I could have powered half of Manchester! (The duvet rubbing on my t-shirt I think).

Ah well, birthdays are overrated anyway. There'll always be a next year.....wont there?

PS. Before anyone asks....no...that is NOT my wife's mug!..It's mine!

Yey Happy Birthday Marcel : :woot:

( a bit late I know)

Im like that...very very cuddly!

Happy Birthday Marcel. :)

My hubby says Man Flu is the worst illness in the world. So well done you for struggling out of your chair to set up this pic. :LOL:

Its absolutely horrible is man flu. I nearly fell over twice.

Although the hot toddy that's in the mug might have had something to do with it :D

So far mine have been up against my bathroom wall last thing at night, nothing as adventurous as this :D

I'm loving this thread so far - you better keep this up - keeps me entertained in between working and essaying *moan*

PS. Happy birthday Marcel!

Thanks very much! Hope I don't disappoint now :D

I will say though, not all will be staged, some might be arty farty (less of the farty more of the arty), and some might just be quick grabsnaps..lol
Depends on the day.

if we collect all 365 (366?) pieces will we have enough for a Marcel jigsaw puzzle?:thinking:

Thanks very much gents!

Day 004/365
2175848087_1efc090408_o.jpg

That's right, I had a shave today. After the cruel and hurtful comments about me being a 'scruffy bugger' I finally plucked up the courage to shave my dried out, nose wiped, sniffly face.

Set up everything in the bathroom, go to squeeze the shave gel......surprise surprise, nowt but a trickle comes out.

Shouts downstairs to my wife of "You've used all the bloody shave gel!", are met with utter denial, disbelief, and cries of "There was some in it when I used it the other day!"....grrrrr.

I realised the clock was ticking, and it was now 10:15 PM so had to race to asda (at 30mph of course), buy some more, come back, and set up the shot all over again.

I never realised how hard it can be to set up a shot, get the pose right, take it, check it, get the pose right again, readjust slightly etc etc....It's quite hard work! But great fun though.

Mracel, I hate to tell you this. But. I hope you're good at Photoshop. Its 366 days.

lol I know :D

But its traditionally called a '365', so I'm gonna keep branding it that, and just end up at 366/365 :)

Back