3rd party D300 grip

Name
Gareth
Edit My Images
Yes
I know that the best grip for the D300 would be an MB-D10, however, I don't have that kinda money spare at the moment, but would like the advantage of a grip for my D300. Are there and specific models to look at, or are they all the plasticy same? I've about £60 sitting in my Pay-Pal and don't mind adding a bit to that. I'd dare say I will eventually buy a new MB-D10 (I've bought all my kit new , apart from the SB-600) but I'm not sure if I'll even like having the camera gripped.

Also, on a sinilar note, I have also seen a few grip/straps for the camera as well. I never have the camera over my shoulder and when shooting I tend to wrap the strap aroung my wrist a few times just to keep it out of the way and also so that I can't dro it and the lens fitted. Anyone tried there hand-straps out and what did you make of it?

I tried a few at focus this year, can't remember the make, but most of them had very sensative shutters and was almost impossible to press halfway to focus without also taking the picture. See what others say but I would wait and get the MB D-10 when you can afford it.

I have the Photix one on mine,coupled with the Photix Kosmo battery.Works very well...(y)

I got a Meike one from a HK based eBay store I've used before. I'd read reviews on it before buying, however it does suffer from a sensitive trigger button - so no half presses.

Having said that, I was after some after market batteries, and, complete with 2 of those, it wasn't that much more than the batteries alone.

I have a Phottix one for the D200, works well.

The only problem I have found is when one battery is low, it trips the shutter and shows ERR on LCD:(

Other than that it does the job

Does the Phottix grip suffer from the sensitive trigger?

Hang on...........................................................................................

No, not in my opinion anyway...........(y)

I have a Phottix one for the D200, works well.

The only problem I have found is when one battery is low, it trips the shutter and shows ERR on LCD:(

Other than that it does the job

Never had that problem with the D300 one bud.

OK, I'm about to click the Buy It Now tab on one of the Phottix units, but lastly, does the BL-3 battery that's included charge in the EN-EL3 charger?

Show me the link mate.

The Kosmo battery is a good addition,it comes with a 240 and 12 volt car charger.

Righto.

The battery supplied does charge in a normal Nikon charger,I use it in my D200.

I have only ever used the grip with this battery linked below.

Clickage

I have never tried the other battery systems so can`t comment really.But for the price,get the battery above.

I bought mine from HK Supplies,I broke a part of the grip,they replaced the parts that I broke free of charge,very decent of them.

Cool, so the Phottix grip and their Kosmo battery (about £100) and we're rocking. Cheers fracster, been a great help and it should all be here in time for my trip to Devon/Cornwall/Plymouth next month.

(y)

So the Phottix one doesnt have the sensitive shutter button then?

Looks pretty well made from the pics.

Would I be right in thinking this wouldnt give 8fps like the nikon one would?

Cool, so the Phottix grip and their Kosmo battery (about £100) and we're rocking. Cheers fracster, been a great help and it should all be here in time for my trip to Devon/Cornwall/Plymouth next month.

DOn't forget the duties/tax on top though, highliy likely to get stung for it and will be another £20+

Yes it gives 8 fps.

I didn`t get charged import duty,but we all know that is a risk we take.

Back