3rd Party Hoods and Cases

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
I am having some issues with a Canon 100-400 off fleabay. I need a refund and have found a 100-400 in a shop near me. It all looks very good and in nice condition. They are asking £790 BUT it doesn't have a case or hood.

Are the 3rd party hoods and cases any good? The Canon ones seem very expensive.

third party hoods are fine they do the same job but cheaper,cases just keep um clean use owt ya like !!! have used various bits of kit from third party,s and rarely hit problems as long as it,s not glass lol

Are they of crappy plastic or the same sort of thinkness and stiffness as the Canon ones?

I am having some issues with a Canon 100-400 off fleabay. I need a refund and have found a 100-400 in a shop near me. It all looks very good and in nice condition. They are asking £790 BUT it doesn't have a case or hood.

Are the 3rd party hoods and cases any good? The Canon ones seem very expensive.

A dealer should be able to get a hood for you at very little cost to them, and throw it in. It's not such a great deal without and you'll have trouble re-selling it.

These come up in the For Sale section quite often, as you know since you're bidding on one ;)

The 3rd party ones I bought for my 24-105 and 17-40 fitted better that the originals and were a matt finish, which is actually an advantage for hoods.

Those Canon lenses already come with a lens hood, which is high quality and lined with black flocking (which is the most effective finish) :thinking:

If you do buy a 3rd party lens hood, make sure the inside of the hood is a matt / flock finish - tends to be on the good aftermarket ones - if they are shinny, you will suffer from reflections. (y)

Back