4 Generations

skd

Name
George
Edit My Images
Yes
One of the shots I took from a friend's wedding.

I know its not prefect, I'm still learning portraiture etc but I love this shot and show does my friend (groom).

I prefer the the B&W version but other people like the colour. I also think I could do with a tighter crop on the right.

B&W
1150897_3435237935147_1285210826_n.jpg

Colour
1009845_3435270575963_1169659169_n.jpg

Any comments are very much welcomed.

The first thing I noticed was that you've blown the highlights on the shirts, predominantly around the collars and the grooms tie. Did you use flash for this?

Also, the gentleman on the right seems a bit out of place as he is not as close to the others. The other three seem very close knit in how they've been posed whereas the gentleman on the right feels a bit distanced from the others. I'm mixing up my words I think and not making myself very clear :shake:

Its not a bad attempt mind you, white shirts etc. can be an absolute sod to get right I find.

The first thing I noticed was that you've blown the highlights on the shirts, predominantly around the collars and the grooms tie. Did you use flash for this?

Yeah I used a bounced fill flash, but still learning flash.

Also, the gentleman on the right seems a bit out of place as he is not as close to the others. The other three seem very close knit in how they've been posed whereas the gentleman on the right feels a bit distanced from the others. I'm mixing up my words I think and not making myself very clear :shake:

The one on the right was a bit of a pain if im honest as he did not want to be at the wedding, so getting am image was a bit of a bugger, Guess I should of tried hard or tell him to get out.

Its not a bad attempt mind you, white shirts etc. can be an absolute sod to get right I find.

Thank you.

I will take note of what you said.

Its unreal how much you do not notice while shooting, but do afterwards.

If only photography was easy:thinking:

I, too, have discovered that white shirts, blouses etc can be awful to photograph.

I agree that it's a good attempt and my guess would be that the family will like the photo a lot. I'd even go as far as saying that in years to come they may well treasure it and a few overblown shirt collars probably won't even get noticed.

I, too, have discovered that white shirts, blouses etc can be awful to photograph.

I agree that it's a good attempt and my guess would be that the family will like the photo a lot. I'd even go as far as saying that in years to come they may well treasure it and a few overblown shirt collars probably won't even get noticed.

Thanks DrGed for your kind words.

:)

Back