400d

Name
Shaun
Edit My Images
Yes
ok guys,

just a thought i've had over the last few days. i have no idea why but i thought id ask any way.

i have a 400d which im happy with but find it feels very small in my hands,

is there much point in up grading this camera as i do notice a lot of togs have one.

if i should upgrade what does people recomend id prefer canon

If you generally happy with your 400D and have no real need to upgrade then why not fit a battery grip to it? It would be a LOT cheaper than splasing out for a new body and will greatly improve the feel of the camera in you hands :)

Hi SW

Upgrade if you have the money and think you need to. The 400D is a great little camera and i love mine.
One thing i will suggest is the BGE3 battery grip. completely changes the feel of the camera and has the added benifit of a verticle release which comes in very handy.
the only time i use mine without it is if i want soem candids or want to go unnoticed. especially with the nifty fifty on... fits in my pocket! :LOL:

All depends what you can afford.

I used to have an EOS 400D, and i upgraded to a 40D.

But i found the same as you, the 400D feels small & uncomforatable to hold.

The tech specs of both cameras are virtually the same, but i've found the 40D to be much better build quality, alot more comfortable to hold, and the controls are easier to use & much more accessable than the 400D.

Although there are the 50D and 5D, im happy with my 40D, as it does everything that i need.

You could probably pick up a 40D body quite cheap aswell, and if your selling your 400D the dent in the wallet doesnt seem so bad:LOL:

I just couldnt justify upgrading from the 400D to the 40D.
they are a world apart buid quality wise but there isnt much in the images and you would be amazed what my 400D has been through!
I am however planning to get a 50D shortly

Ive just upgraded from a 400d to a 50d and it does feel a million times better to hold. I also find it a bit more intuitive to use. So far i cant fault it. The 400d does feel a lot better with a grip though.

My other thing is that you only have the kit lens with yours. Maybe get some cash together and get a second hand 40d off someone on here and get a decent set of starting lenses too. Then you will be one happy bunny :)

Mike

Heres the nifty fifty Link Cracking lens for the money.

nifty fifty is a 50mm prime lens. best suggestion is to search 'nifty fifty' in the search box. its a cheap little lens and i love it. great if you like 'bokeh'... you might want to search that too :D

well it was a nice size a weight its just the cost that bugs me :( i dont know how much to sell mine for and how much i would need for the 40d?

I bought my 40D (With Kit Lens) off digital rev in hong kong in april / may 08 cost about £750 inc import tax. And i sold my 400D to a friend for £300.

So prices might b a bit less.

Kerso on e-bay has 40D body's for £539 + £20 postage

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/FLASH-CAMERA

Must be a man thing, I've upgraded from a 400D to a 40D and the only thing I don't like about it is the size, feel & weight!!! To be fair it's why I bought the 400D in the first place but I think the upgrade in image quality (in terms of colour capture) is distinct enough to justify the upgrade!

Just as well I'm into my landscapes primarily, I cna't imagine lugging the 40D around hand holding all day!

SW,
I have the 400d with grip fitted and a nifty if you need a look.:shrug:

Ring me when you leave work and I'll give you my address (y)

I upgraded from 400D to 40D and being a woman was concerned that the extra weight would be uncomfortable for me - in fact it was the complete opposite. Fits much better in the hand (so to speak!) and due to the extra weight, when shooting hand held, I had less issues of camera shake.

I did the same, 400D to 40D upgrade, and have never looked back. WAY better build quality, more solid, rigid, heavier but well worth it. More positive shutter action and 6 fps!

Back