40D battery life question

Name
Jim
Edit My Images
Yes
How many large raw files can I take in on one day with one battery? Or has anyone ever flattend a battery?

cheers

One less than you want :LOL:

Sorry But I couldn't resist.

I don't have a 40D but have never exhausted the battery on my 20D in one day but I have always used a grip (2 Batts) and have taken 1000 +

I charged the battery when I got my 40D (09/05/08) I have taken over 700 RAW shots since then and the indicator has just moved from full to half.

Well the book says :

40D_Batt.jpg

It doesn't seem to differentiate for the format used so presumably it doesn't make any difference.....

........but you'd know that 'cos you've read the manual haven't you :D

I was kinds hoping someone would say 'I've shot 1200 or 1400 raw files on one charge' kinda thing.

Instructions are OK as a guide but would prefer a hands on in the field answer.

Would depend what your shooting too.

Never used just one battery as i have grips for both of mine, but on 2 it last 2 whole days about 6hrs on per day in servo mode, plus i review every shot to check historgrams as i shoot in manual to check i am getting what i want in raw that used up 20gig in memory card space. I did delete quite a few too due to them being a tad samey or not being the angle i wanted blurred etc etc. Even then the battery's werent quite flat.

Back