40D Prices

Name
Greg
Edit My Images
No
Hi All,

Im in the market for a 40D. Anyone know of the best price. So far its 597 from misfuds??? and Kerso comes in under that.

Anyone know of a better deal? Seen a few on ebay going around the 540 mark inc postage but these are from HK.

Ive been looking for a while now and they dont seem to be coming on the second hand matket that often either.

thanks
Greg

I bought a secondhand one from someone off this forum, and to be honest they are not much cheaper than new with the deals and cashback offered.

If I were you I'd buy it from a shop so you can go somewhere if the thing goes wrong. After all, you are looking at quite small differences between the cheapest the the dearest these days.

I bought mine from Jessops. I ended up paying about £20 more than the very cheapest I'd seen in on the internet (excluding the mad HK deals you see on E-Bay and the like) and I decided that the 20 quid was well worth the peace of mind and the fact that I could walk in and see the thing before I handed over my hard erned.

I was sitting at home playing with it with in about an hour of paying for it. Worth £20 any day of the week in my book.

What ever you decide to do I say good luck. You've certainly picked the right camera in my opinion. It's fantastic.

Cheers chaps,

Agreed, having a shop option is great. Kerso is reputable and also a TP member and chucking business his way isnt such a bad idea kama and all that.

The HK deals are pretty crazy. I think best ive seen so far is 520 - 540 delivered. But you need to send back to HK if it goes wrong. Not such a good deal then!

So thats what im trying to weigh up really....

Gpc

I think Kerso is currently throwing them away at £550 with (I think) £20 postage.

Kerso comes recommended.

Worth speaking to Jacobs Leicester - they quite often offer Canon B Bodies - got mine at Focus well under £500 and its great.

Got mine at Jessops the other week, they price matched to £600 and I got the Lowepro bag offer thrown in as well. Pretty pleased, always keen to purchase from a retailer where possible.

That's £600 pre-Cashback by the way.

Got mine from Jessops £629.99 less £35 with the summer35 discount and £100 cashback to receive too, so £494.99 and you get it straight away and if I have a problem it will go back to the high st ;)

Just bought mine from Kerso for £570 + £20 shipping. AFAIK, that's the cheapest price available in the UK.

Got mine from Jessops £629.99 less £35 with the summer35 discount and £100 cashback to receive too, so £494.99 and you get it straight away and if I have a problem it will go back to the high st ;)
If you order from Jessops through a Quidco account you get an extra 3% back on the sale price as well ;)

How did you manage to use the discount code SUMMER35 at Jessops? It says that digitak slr's are excluded?

I tried but faied.

How did you manage to use the discount code SUMMER35 at Jessops? It says that digitak slr's are excluded?

I tried but faied.

I ordered online for local pickup and when I got to the shop it was at £629.99 and I just told the girl that the discount on the site hasn't been deducted and she just reduced the price by £35 quid. :D Oh yeah I tried to get her to throw in a CF Card free to but she wouldn't :LOL:

You were lucky!!

I have just phoned my local Jessops and they said it did not apply to SLR's

Not that I need another one but it was worth a call :LOL:

Hi All,

Im in the market for a 40D. Anyone know of the best price. So far its 597 from misfuds??? and Kerso comes in under that.

Anyone know of a better deal? Seen a few on ebay going around the 540 mark inc postage but these are from HK.

Ive been looking for a while now and they dont seem to be coming on the second hand matket that often either.

thanks
Greg

Hi Greg,

I recommend getting one from Kerso, then claim the £100 cashback making it £450 (Providing you buy it by 30th June.

Having looked at the Camerapricebusters website Dixons is the cheapest at the moment fo a 40D with 17-85 lens kit.

If I order the following ITEM what cash back would I receive?

I am hoping its £140, but on the Dixons site it says £100 cash back available on it.

I want to get one ordered a.s.a.p.

Can anyone shed any light on this for me please?

Thanks

Richard

Hi

Have a look at Canons website - I am almost certain that you get £100 for the camera and £40 for the lens. They will have separate registration cards I believe, so no reason why not.

That certainly wasnt the case with their last cash back - but who knows!

sorry i got mine from currys
just google dicount codes
and find one for currys
they have it for £859
i found a code which gave me £70 off but it is for online purchases only
i printed the page and they honored it in the shop

The £70 off at currys has expired now (finished Apr 08).

Looks like the Dixons site is the best price at the moment.

Does anyone use Quidco, the cashback site?

Back