46100 "Royal Scot"

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
I intended to drive 8 miles to see Royal Scot hauling the "Cotswold Explorer" this morning (Northampton to Worcester) but the sunny blue skies start was soon gone. Sunshine on these locos makes a lot of difference. Also, it was running 20 minutes late and by the time it got to the approach to Gloucester it was running 30 minutes late so I went to a local bridge. Yet again,not sharp (the boiler number)which it is in my LR Classic. It seems to happen to some photos. Taken at 1/800 sec.
129 46100 Royal Scot (129 of 1).jpg

I intended to drive 8 miles to see Royal Scot hauling the "Cotswold Explorer" this morning (Northampton to Worcester) but the sunny blue skies start was soon gone. Sunshine on these locos makes a lot of difference. Also, it was running 20 minutes late and by the time it got to the approach to Gloucester it was running 30 minutes late so I went to a local bridge. Yet again,not sharp (the boiler number)which it is in my LR Classic. It seems to happen to some photos. Taken at 1/800 sec.
View attachment 417494
I like the different angle and viewpoint.

I like the different angle and viewpoint.
Thanks. Re POV. There were two others there but at the far end of the bridge which I couldn't understand. Because of the bend they'd only see the loco and the frist couple of carriages.

Personally, I would have preferred a slightly earlier shot, framed/cropped to not have the signal on the right. I appreciate that would probably mean not having the full train in shot, so I guess it is down to priorities.

Blood and custards ?....:LOL: I've never heard of that one. Sounds good,though.

Thanks for response (y)

Personally, I would have preferred a slightly earlier shot, framed/cropped to not have the signal on the right. I appreciate that would probably mean not having the full train in shot, so I guess it is down to priorities.
Thanks for the feedback. I had many shots..the Canon 1D1V, which I use solely for locos, takes 10fps and unfortunately, I've deleted those others to save 'clutter'or I could have taken a closer look. My priority was to get it as close as possible, not so much concerned about getting the full length in but that's always nice.

I had an after thought. I created what is called in LR Classic a "virtual copy" and put it through Develop and cropped out 90% of the signal and had to clone the bit left sticking out 'over' the loco. I'm really pleased with the result, so much so that I think I'll revisit other shots I've taken at this location and remove that signal and,in future use a shot that is a few frames back so I can crop the entire signal out of the frame...no cloning out. Also, as you suggest, it would probably look better..I'm right on top of it using this shot rather than one where it's a bit further back .It just shows how beneficial critique can be. Thanks (y)

135. (135 of 1).jpg

Back