46201 'Princess Elizabeth'

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
Princess Elizabeth travelling through Bedwyn,West Berks. en-route to Penzance this morning. The weather didn't play ball and what started as a bright sunny morning soon became a 100% overcast sky…until it went through then it started to brighten up. Taken at 1/1000 sec. f7.1..would have had f8 had the light been better ISO on Auto and that needed 2000.

2mmv489.jpg

Cheers,Michael. I did look at the red lights and think about cloning them out.They are a wee bit distracting. I'll do them and the speed sign. Thanks.

It returns this evening, well 6.00pm at this location so I may go back as the sun is out now and I'll go to a field nearby so I get the sun to my side if not back. It's no good from a bridge and face west at that time. I was thinking of going to Dawlish ( 2 hours) but the weather forecast showed cloud with some sun. A long trip for a disappointment.

For this shot I was just to the side of a public footpath railway crossing.There were quite a few onlookers too behind me as the path takes people to the canal and boats opposite. To my side were waist-high buffers One photographer (there were just us two) used it to lean his camera on. It's a side line for the local train to pull into and then,when clear go back into Bedwyn station. One pulled in as were were waiting so we had to move as it severely restricted the view, fortunately as the loco approached it went off and we dashed back to the spot.

Back