4g dongle deal time

Is there any differences in upload speed ect, between a 4g dongle/mifi thingee and 4g mobile phone hotspot??

here beyond the black stump, the cost of a mifi and new phone are very similar.

Is there any differences in upload speed ect, between a 4g dongle/mifi thingee and 4g mobile phone hotspot??

here beyond the black stump, the cost of a mifi and new phone are very similar.

4G phone, 4G dongle/mifi same thing same speed, its cheaper and more effective to be honest to just get a phone IMHO I use a iPhone 5 for 4G transferring now which works a treat, I use to have a iPhone 4s but upgraded to get the 4G benefit...Been using phones wifi hotspot for just over two seasons of shooting now and never had any issues always worked flawlessly for me

Last edited:
Well it worked great until today and now my brand new mororola 4g phone.. wont even turn on.. its a brick.. dead as a dodo... good job I still ahve credit on the mifi to use tomorrow :(

4G phone, 4G dongle/mifi same thing same speed, its cheaper and more effective to be honest to just get a phone IMHO I use a iPhone 5 for 4G transferring now which works a treat, I use to have a iPhone 4s but upgraded to get the 4G benefit...Been using phones wifi hotspot for just over two seasons of shooting now and never had any issues always worked flawlessly for me

Cheers for that. A new phone it is.

Well it worked great until today and now my brand new mororola 4g phone.. wont even turn on.. its a brick.. dead as a dodo... good job I still ahve credit on the mifi to use tomorrow :(

Thats the reason I use dongle first and have phone as a backup.

Hope you get the phone sorted soon

phone sorted.. who knew.. wife went to take sim out to package the phone to send back.. and it came on.. put sim back and alls working.. i had tried a cold reboot.. but not a sim out.. been perfect ever since

for tethering.. its brilliant.. no slower than dongle and it just works.. phones in my pocket.. laptop logs in.. so so sooooo easy ...

but havent had the pleasure of 4g yet.. went to notts county.. saw 4g on phone near dugouts thought great.. went behind goals and match underway.. started to send and H+ ..In fact its nearly always H+

Back