4Gig extreme III CF card for £40 from PLAY

Gah, just paid £45 for one of these from jacobs at focus today.

This was £49.99 less than a fortnight ago from play, good find mate.

Argh the temptation for a bargain is hard to resist, I almost bought one jsut for the sake of getting a bargain then realised I don't actually need one! :nono:

£44.99 at mymemory. So looks like the prices are still dropping

I've ordered a couple even though they are out of stock. (usually play are quite good about shipping stuff at the advertised price)

I have an Ultra II and some generic memory (1Gb and 2Gb cards) and I used to say that unless you have a 1 serires camera you won't see the benefit of the Ultra's speed. Well after some weekend testing I take that back - even with a 20D the speed improvement is noticeable when shooting in continuous mode, I think I'll be buying one of these Extreme IIIs.

Well I was debating whether I should spend the money on a 4gb or whether its better to spread out my shots across 2x2gb just incase of card failure. Since the 4gb is now sold out, a 2gb it is :)

Well I was debating whether I should spend the money on a 4gb or whether its better to spread out my shots across 2x2gb just incase of card failure. Since the 4gb is now sold out, a 2gb it is :)

Definaltey better to have a number of smaller cards rather than 1 big one, you might miss a few shots changing cards, but you could miss a full day if the one card fails.

Definaltey better to have a number of smaller cards rather than 1 big one, you might miss a few shots changing cards, but you could miss a full day if the one card fails.

That is true BUT as the number of pixels increases the number of shots on a card decreases, so a bigger space card is required :)

I paid £75 in Mymemory's xmas day promotion for a 4GB extreme III.... yep, just 2 months ago... so this is a CRACKING offer....

If I didn't have 2 of these cards already, I'd be filling my boots on this offer....

Back