4x4 photraphers?

Name
deb
Edit My Images
Yes
hi guys, im doing my first assignment for college and it is called "a sence of place" we have to come up with 14 pics by the end and 8 of them have to be inspired by photos taken by professional photographers (ideally magnum) my locationan is going to be a extreme winch challenge off road event, im finding it hard to find off road pics by prof photographers, we have to find the photo and research it and the photographer, we need 6, ive got 3 that have nothing to do with off road but have a great sence of place, i would like the last 3 to be a bit more relavent if poss, im really struggling and any help would be greatly appreciated, i really dont want to scrap the location as i feel i can get 14 brilliant pics there and have a rough story board in mind and have decided 5 shots that im going to try to get already, thankyou in advance. :thinking:

Have a flick through the latest Landrover mags. Always pieces on winch challenges in there and usualy says who the photographer was for the event, then do a bit of googling to find out more about them.

I never usually comment on spellin and grammer but,

It's "a sense of place" not "a sence of place"!

im a member of rrsport.co.uk forums. Theres a section there where people talk about and post photos of their off-road trips though I'm not sure any of them are pro car togs. Might still be worth asking there.

Seek out photos from the Camel Trophy (going back a bit), G4 Challenge (current), Dakar, any offroad events that are likely to be heavily photographed.

hasselblad, profoto and a well known Uk commercial photographer did a cool series of workshops fairly recently with landrovers...forget the name :(

Petr Lusk is a fantastic rally photographer and has been doing lots with the Dakar in recent years.

Have a look at his work here - http://www.petrlusk.com/index.php

Dave

Back