5 in 1 Reflector

R

RobbieW

Hi

I am looking to buy a 5 in 1 reflector for outdoor portrait work. I have been having a look on ebay and there seem to be plenty to choose from. Does anyone have any advice? the sizes avalaible are 50cm 80cm or 110cm. I am not sure whether the 50cm is big enough but the 110cm sounds huge.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Rob

Ive got a 110cm one and its big! Seems to work perfectly fine, although ive not really used it a great deal yet. One thing though; Its a black art trying to get it collapsed and back in the bag! :)

Thanks for your response, I guess its better to have a slightly larger one than one thats too small. You could always move it further away. Maybe either the 80 or 110 would be best.

Is my thinking along the right lines?

If its for portrait work, then yeah I would say a 80cm one should be fine. 110cm should be perfectly good as well. Remember the bigger the reflector, the softer the light will appear (If the distance from the subject is kept the same).

Thanks for your help, I will go shopping now. I don;t want the light to be harsh from it so bigger is better ;)

Back