Review 5 IN 1 REFLECTORS

antonroland

Inspector Gadget
Name
Anton
Edit My Images
Yes
Bought 1 of these recently off ebay and was so happy with it I bought a second one!

Now I am not the world's greatest creative spirit but here goes - hopefully you will be able to see what a difference these things can make.

Oh yes, I only used one at any time.

Just for those who have not seen one close up yet, the 5 in 1 consists of a spring loaded white disc which can act as a diffuser.

This disc is then covered with a double-sided zip up cover which can either be gold on one side and white on the other or silver/black and so it is generally not a bad idea to have two.

As this afternoon was really bad windy rainy indoor weather I placed my subject matter on a little table inside the window and snapped a few shots to try and demonstrate - ambient light was NOT great and I still got what I consider to be worthwhile results!

reflector_test_tpf.jpg

For those who cannot see the exif data I basically got to a workable exposure at 100 ISO, 1/6 sec shutter @ f/5.6 and 85mm on my 17-85.

reflector_test_006_tpf.jpg

Shot with black disc.

reflector_test_005_tpf.jpg

With silver reflector disc.

reflector_test_004_tpf.jpg

With gold reflector.

reflector_test_003_tpf.jpg

Shot with white reflector.

reflector_test_002_tpf.jpg

Shot with ambient light only.

I am hoping that from this quick and basic sample you can see how much of a difference a reflector can make even with feeble ambient light and not much more creativity! Please note that I did not spend minutes setting up the reflectors for maximum effect either.

Anyone want more detailed info I would be happy to assist!!

Thank you, that was very informative.
I picked up a reflector a while ago, but only a regular double-sided one. I wish now that I'd saved my money and gone straight for this one!
Oh well, that's a lesson learned. And now I know what to request for my next birthday! ;)

My mate got one of these free with his subscription to a photo mag, and straight away sold it to me for £5.:clap:
They're great.
Dean:)

I got the 5 in 1 reflector free with the magazine subscription, very handy and folds up into a nice little bag.

Thank you, that was very informative.
I picked up a reflector a while ago, but only a regular double-sided one. I wish now that I'd saved my money and gone straight for this one!
Oh well, that's a lesson learned. And now I know what to request for my next birthday! ;)

Cheers! Pleasure

:D

As this afternoon was really bad windy rainy indoor weather

36_2_39.gif
You must have it bad over there Anton ... we generally only get stuff like that outdoors ...
d6954bbe44b0aa08f2efed9c7284ce9f.gif

But seriously ... a very interesting sequence showing off the various set ups with your 5-in-1 Reflector ... very useful ... (y)

Now I want one ... :D ... what is the mag giving them away free and is it still available on the shelf ... :shrug:

greenpawn.gif

(y)

36_2_39.gif
You must have it bad over there Anton ... we generally only get stuff like that outdoors ...

But seriously ... a very interesting sequence showing off the various set ups with your 5-in-1 Reflector ... very useful ... (y)

Now I want one ... :D ... what is the mag giving them away free and is it still available on the shelf ... :shrug:

:LOL: Africa is not for the feint hearted...(y)

Think it was DC Mag but that was a few months back.

Cheers

greenpawn.gif

(y)

36_2_39.gif

greenpawn.gif

:LOL: Africa is not for the feint hearted...(y)

Think it was DC Mag but that was a few months back.

Cheers

Mate got his from DIGITAL PHOTO mag.

you a pilot Anton?
that looks distinctly like a nav chart as a backdrop!

I've been toying with the idea of one of these for a while too - not that expensive and handy to have.

These pictures show how good they can be ... may nip off and get one ;)

Anth

I got the 5 in 1 reflector free with the magazine subscription, very handy and folds up into a nice little bag.

Yep Me too :)

Mate got his from DIGITAL PHOTO mag.

Thats where I got mine from, it arrived via RM on TIME....lol

I've been toying with the idea of one of these for a while too - not that expensive and handy to have.

These pictures show how good they can be ... may nip off and get one ;)

Anth

Oh off you trot!! :wave:

you a pilot Anton?
that looks distinctly like a nav chart as a backdrop!

I wish, but well spotted, yes it is a navchart!:LOL:

Have a good few hours on 172 and 150/152 but then the bucks ran dry...and then I got married...:D

Have a gift for being interested in expensive hobbies:bonk:

Cheers!

Back