Beginner 50 mm prime lens

Edit My Images
No
Hi,
Has anyone bought a yongnou prime lens ive seen a couple on ebay and thinking of bidding for one, before i do i would like any comments or reviews.

cheers.

It's an iffy copy of the Canon one. Theoretically it should be identical but isn't (and not in a good way)

Hi,
Has anyone bought a yongnou prime lens ive seen a couple on ebay and thinking of bidding for one, before i do i would like any comments or reviews.

cheers.
Hi

What Nikon body do you have? If you have one that would AF with 50mm 1.8 D, look for a used one of those and you should be able to pick one up for around £50ish.

Hi
Thanks for all the replies , sep9001, i have a nikon d3000 can you give me a link for the above lens .
Cheers.

Unfortunately for the d3000 you need the slightly more expensive 50mm afs which go for around £100.

Hi,

cheers.

If it’s the manual focus one then yes I had one. I used it on a D3100 and learned loads with it. Was it the best quality - absolutely not. The focus was clunky and the images were inconsistent.

But I though it was great. It made me stop to think about my images more and slowed me down. I took less images than I did with my 18-55 zoom but they were better put together images rather than snapshots if that makes sense.

I’d recommend it or any other manual prime lens for any beginner.

Hope this helps :)

Oh oh oh and it was great for messing around with once I’d finished with it and wasn’t using it any more. I did loads of mods on it and even used it on and slightly off camera to do some video effects work in the end. Completely broke it in the end and threw it away but I believe I paid £30 odd so I wasn’t bothered!!

Back