500px anyone?

Edit My Images
Yes
Morning all,

I thought I would start a new thread and not jump into the Flickr thread....

With the recent news about Flickr, I have been looking for alternatives. I’ve stumbled across 500px and the site looks interesting.

Placed into context - my buddy and I do a lot of sport photography at University. Currently we upload our images to Flickr and share a link to the gallery on social media and via email etc. As we’re doing larger events would something like 500px be more suitable?

Am I correct in thinking individuals may purchase images from there too? - it’d be nice to have a platform with the potential to earn some money!

Thanks
Chris

Used to be good , but as with all others faded into the background , think they also charge . I found it hard to use and to complicated for casual uploads

Morning all,

I thought I would start a new thread and not jump into the Flickr thread....

With the recent news about Flickr, I have been looking for alternatives. I’ve stumbled across 500px and the site looks interesting.

Placed into context - my buddy and I do a lot of sport photography at University. Currently we upload our images to Flickr and share a link to the gallery on social media and via email etc. As we’re doing larger events would something like 500px be more suitable?

Am I correct in thinking individuals may purchase images from there too? - it’d be nice to have a platform with the potential to earn some money!

Thanks
Chris
Do you have lightroom CC subscription? Adobe Portfolio is bundled with it so you could create your own website and set up galleries.

I have the free version of 500px which means I can only upload 7(?) images per week.
If you want more features, membership varies from $3.99 per month to $12.99.

The new pricing for Flickr works out at less than £1 per week so if your current setup works for you, why change?

There was a time 500px was the hot property in photo sharing but that seems to have faded. It definitely encouraged mindless like-for-likes and failed to encourage friendships/communities as well as Flickr did/does. Pus they've burnt some goodwill with various image licencing programmes that haven't always been well received.

There was a time 500px was the hot property in photo sharing but that seems to have faded. It definitely encouraged mindless like-for-likes and failed to encourage friendships/communities as well as Flickr did/does. Pus they've burnt some goodwill with various image licencing programmes that haven't always been well received.

I have kept my 500px and recall the announcement of changes especially with regard to the Chinese buyout (?) . I was looking last night at the licensing page and saw two links (yet to drill down) one was Getty and the other the Chinese company.

In general, is it worth licensing through 500px and as such which licensing route to use???

I have kept my 500px and recall the announcement of changes especially with regard to the Chinese buyout (?) . I was looking last night at the licensing page and saw two links (yet to drill down) one was Getty and the other the Chinese company.

In general, is it worth licensing through 500px and as such which licensing route to use???

If you are happy with some % of the pennies that Getty pay out directly then go for it. I'd rather deal with the devil directly or as a matter of fact not deal with it at all.

And yes, 500px is entirely Chinese owned. Like many other things including Volvo cars, hasselblad / DJI, etc. Is this a bad thing is for you to decide

Back