50mm F1.4 Nikon AF

EdinburghGary

Reply not Report
Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello,

When is this lens at its sharpest across the entire frame? F1.4 sharp dead centre, but the bokeh can be very good. If I wanted everything to be sharp, what F number? :)

ISO100

Gary.

Probably f8 or f11 ... :shrug: ... possible variances lens to lens I expect ... :cautious:

Fantastic lens, it is ... :D

:p

F4 is usally the sharpest in the center and f5.6 at edges but I tend to like the mixture of sharpness and pleasing bokeh at about 2.5 or 2.8. If you wanted everything to be sharp, well that depends on how much DOF you're going to need for your shot in which case Venomator (heheh great name) probably gave the likliest advice.

Do you have the lens in your possession yet? I find half the fun of getting a new lens is discovering all that stuff for myself :) What do you think of it so far?

F4 is usally the sharpest in the center and f5.6 at edges but I tend to like the mixture of sharpness and pleasing bokeh at about 2.5 or 2.8. If you wanted everything to be sharp, well that depends on how much DOF you're going to need for your shot in which case Venomator (heheh great name) probably gave the likliest advice.

Do you have the lens in your possession yet? I find half the fun of getting a new lens is discovering all that stuff for myself :) What do you think of it so far?

Love it, will post some shots later!!!

Gary.

Back