52/52

Edit My Images
Yes
Just testing the water I guess ...

I am planning to do a 52/52 this year.

That is to say, I will use a different camera every week for a year, and post the results somewhere upon the tinterweb

It will , inevitably be mostly film cameras, as these are easily picked up in various charity shops from 50p upwards. I have 30 - 40 already, and should easily be able to get the rest as the year progresses

So, with that in mind, is there anyone here interested in joining me ?

If there are a few, we could either do it here, or Flickr maybe, else, if it's just me, I'll probably just do a blog.

I did a photo a day in 2009 and it moved me forward in great leaps and bounds in terms of my understanding and abilities in photography.

I'd love to be able to commit to something like this, but at the moment, it's just not feasible. I'm having problems getting one shot a month to enter the POTY competition - adding another 52 shots on film would be great, but I seriously doubt i'd be able to follow through on it. It's a shame, as I did a 365 in 2009 as well - and I have to agree about how it improved my grasp of the technical aspects of photography - though the real thing it did was tune my eye for a shot - I found I was seeing photo's everywhere.

That's going to cost you a few bob in film & processing isn't it? Good Luck with it though.

A roll a week for a year is quite a commitment, especially if its 35mm, 6x6 would be tough but 35mm is really for the unemployed..:LOL:
Put my name down for a loan camera, save you buying any more..(y)

I would be up for this, but I'll have to start buying some more camera (it's a hard life). How did/do you guys work these thing with regards to holidays, I'm away for 3 weeks in Bhutan in October so I won't be able to post in that time, and taking 3 cameras with me is a little unlikely

it sounds like a great idea though

A roll a week for a year is quite a commitment, especially if its 35mm, 6x6 would be tough but 35mm is really for the unemployed..:LOL:
Put my name down for a loan camera, save you buying any more..(y)

Yes, its a commitment - but I need to push myself, as I am naturally lazy ! And I hope to learn a lot along the way

A roll can easily be shot in one session ... and I need to get used to developing and printing. I have a dark room set up now, and yet to use it ..
Some shots will be repeated, from camera to camera as 'reference' shots too, to 'review' each camera as I go.

I am currently doing a 2 year night coarse at college in the most advanced photography class available (Level 3 Nocn )... it's so mind numbingly basic and boring ! :thumbsdown: Cost me £700 quid plus materials too :eek:

and if I read the last bit right .. thank you very much (y)

I would be up for this, but I'll have to start buying some more camera (it's a hard life). How did/do you guys work these thing with regards to holidays, I'm away for 3 weeks in Bhutan in October so I won't be able to post in that time, and taking 3 cameras with me is a little unlikely

it sounds like a great idea though

I am looking at this as a personal challenge. Shoot a roll a week from a different camera.

Dev / process and post up as and when you can, duely labeled with the week and a description of the camera used.

As long as you get as close to 52 out of 52 as you can at the end of the year, plus a week or so processing time for the last one or two, then that's fine.

No failures - just a personal thing (y)

Good luck, I might try and shoot a roll of film a week, only got one film camera, but I might try as many film types as possible.

Mart

I am not able to do a 52/52, but I am going to do a 12/12, I may post up to three shots for each month and as suggested by another poster I will be using different kit for each month, combinations of body and lens,so that allows for the same body with different lens attached and visa versa. I will also endeavour to encompass the flavour of the month into the shot.

If anyone feels that this slightly revised format will bring in more posters, then maybe we could have a sticky.

What say you.

feel free to take whatever personal challenge you feel suits you best. I have started a blog for mine, as 52/52 is quite an ask for most people.

If others start their own thing, I will happily post some images here too. Although, I have used Digi for the 1st week, so no images here from that one !

Its more about pushing yourself in a way you think you might succeed rather than start (or not) something you know you will not finish,

Back