52 in 2024 by eoSimon - Week 15 Snapper’s choice

Double whammy here. I do really like that second image. Strong lines, and well spotted and framed. Very nicely done!

Two good images there. Another vote for the puddle from me.

Both nice shots but another one for the puddles for me!

Takes me back to 2005, when I visited Amsterdam, it was part of 'I amsterdam' signs I saw there..

It still is. The remaining letters are adjacent “ster” is horizontal on the ground and “dam” vertical just behind. There a few examples. This one is at Slotermeer and I think there’s one at Schiphol too.

Both good shots but I like the colour pop in your chosen shot.

Yep - that works :)

I'll go with the fort with, maybe, less sky....
Did you try the opposite shot? Fence in focus/ building blurred? Perhaps it would be too blurred.....

I'll go with the fort with, maybe, less sky....
Did you try the opposite shot? Fence in focus/ building blurred? Perhaps it would be too blurred.....
Good point on the crop..I’m a bit limited on editing cos my laptop is in the uk so nearly everything is sooc. I did try putting the fence in focus but the building was unrecognisable so stuck with the other one.

Simple and on theme. A tick for week 2!

Cute kitty doesn't seem inpressed :)

Nice in mono.

I’d have tried cropping to just have the boats and buildings on the right, I find the left side distracting. Just a thought, as always it’s the eye of the beholder.

I’d have tried cropping to just have the boats and buildings on the right, I find the left side distracting.

I see what you mean, but I think then it's a photo of the buildings rather than of the water, which is very well captured - still but without looking too flat.

Soft: Very cute puss cat
Water: A lovely composition. It looks a tad dark but that could be my screen.

No-one does water like the Dutch. Nice image.
That's a belter. In mono it looks worthy of a poster.
Nice in mono.

I’d have tried cropping to just have the boats and buildings on the right, I find the left side distracting. Just a thought, as always it’s the eye of the beholder.
I see what you mean, but I think then it's a photo of the buildings rather than of the water, which is very well captured - still but without looking too flat.
Nice shot Simon.
Soft: Very cute puss cat
Water: A lovely composition. It looks a tad dark but that could be my screen.
Thanks all. Re cropping, I liked the symmetry of the piles on the left and masts on the right and keeping the lightest area central. I did toy with the brightness but felt the original looked better.

A filthy and down in the mouth looking wreck!
Really like the pale colours of the wreck with the almost mono 'other bits'. Those curvy reflections work really well, too.

Definitely filthy and doesn't look like it will be afloat much longer...

Back