52's Cumbria Meet Light stuff

Name
Lynne
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all

had a fab weekend in Cumbria & thanks to the boys we had some fun doing some light painting & wire wool spinning etc

Here's a couple...think I may be hooked now :D

1#

DSC_4415a by llj666, on Flickr

2#....not sure whether to clone the spinner out ?

DSC_4423 by llj666, on Flickr

3#

DSC_4426 by llj666, on Flickr

The following was my 1st attempt with welding glass but I didn't set the WB so had a long & convoluted play in PSE8 & quite like the result :

4#

DSC_5088 by llj666, on Flickr

Comments/ crit always appreciated...I'm still learning :LOL:

cheers all x

Very nice Lynne (y)
And it sounds like you all had a really good time.
Personally I would lose the "spinner" though.

:shake:

My spinning/light painting photographs came out pants. All I got was a high ISO (my error) star trail. For my main star trails set, instead of 30 second exposures with 2 second gap, I had it set to 2 second exposure with 30 second gap...:bonk::bonk::bonk:

You did really well, I have to say. The cross is really well done...I can't see any ghosts in it. I commented on the spin in Flickr...grrrr. Light painted tunnel again nice. I thought maybe cropping some dead space on the right :thinking:. Number 4, looks idyllic...wish I was there now...:shake: I prefer the one in Flickr.

All in all, cracking set.

Now, where and when is the next meet...:D

Id like to see the colour version of Rutters Lynne, just personal i dont care to much for selective colour,

For me the spinner is part of the images so leave him, wouuld be better to have worth dressed all black, or better still got him to jump through the vortex after the spin and used a burst of flash to capture the jump

It was good to speak to you on the phone, the second time I rung Dawns phone back it went to voicemail, so i left a message with the exact place to stop

nice set love #4(y)

Thanks for popping in :)

Very nice Lynne (y)
And it sounds like you all had a really good time.
Personally I would lose the "spinner" though.

Thanks Cobra...was a totally fantabulous weekend with great weather though a little chilly !
All nice, particularly like #3

Cheers (y)

:shake:

My spinning/light painting photographs came out pants. All I got was a high ISO (my error) star trail. For my main star trails set, instead of 30 second exposures with 2 second gap, I had it set to 2 second exposure with 30 second gap...:bonk:

You did really well, I have to say. The cross is really well done...I can't see any ghosts in it. I commented on the spin in Flickr...grrrr. Light painted tunnel again nice. I thought maybe cropping some dead space on the right :thinking:. Number 4, looks idyllic...wish I was there now...:shake: I prefer the one in Flickr.

All in all, cracking set.

Now, where and when is the next meet...:D

I like No 4 a lot.

Thanks Andy , much appreciated...gonna have a bash at the star trail stack thingy this weekend but not holding out much hope :crying: I did have a few ghosts in the Cross image but Piknic sorted that for me

Id like to see the colour version of Rutters Lynne, just personal i dont care to much for selective colour,

For me the spinner is part of the images so leave him, wouuld be better to have worth dressed all black, or better still got him to jump through the vortex after the spin and used a burst of flash to capture the jump

It was good to speak to you on the phone, the second time I rung Dawns phone back it went to voicemail, so i left a message with the exact place to stop

Many thanks for the info on the Millenium stone Dave & nice to talk with you...we didn't get there in the end....think it'll be on the list for the next trip though (y) Will remember to take black clothes for the spinners next time...a burst of flash is beyond my skill set at the mo ...yet more things to learn
I didn't set out to SC the Rutters image...the original is a rather tasteful shade of dingy green all over (welding glass & wrong WB) & has no detail visible in the sky at all...rather blown to say the least ....I could get reasonable color detail in the building & ground but the sky refused point blank to be anything other than bright white !
Just kept pressing buttons until the green had virtualy gone then applied one of the preset filters in PSE8 & started to see some cloud type stuff in the sky, few more buttons clicked & there you go .....
Not to everyone's taste but I kinda like the finished thing....I'll doubtless go & play at it again...see if I can rescue it in color...just for you...but don't hold your breath for the result :LOL:

cheers all......gonna start planning the next one now ....

What I forgot to say is, I love the composition on Rutters, and I really like the frosty feel to it

Do you use photoshop theres a quick fix for the green cast?

Hiya Lynne and folk

Thanks Lynne for starting this thread .... I have loads to add to it, just need a bit of time to sort through all the +1200 shots from the weekend :bonk:

However .... here are a few to keep the thread going:

6727961327_429e3e560c_b.jpg

[/url] Light Painting (0013) by crystal_singer (drodd), on Flickr[/IMG]

6727950517_8d0d78456a_b.jpg

[/url] Light Painting (0012) by crystal_singer (drodd), on Flickr[/IMG]

6727944783_60772b714a_b.jpg

[/url] Wire wool - Funky Face (0130) by crystal_singer (drodd), on Flickr[/IMG]

More to follow as I sort through the thousand plus pics from the amazing weekend.

Cheers

Dawn :)

Very interesting Dawn (y)
I particularly like #1 from the 2nd set, (it looks like a psychedelic holly wreathe)

Very interesting Dawn (y)
I particularly like #1 from the 2nd set, (it looks like a psychedelic holly wreathe)

Thanks Cobra (y) BTW I have a surprise for you .... so you best have your MOD cap on haha!

Back