55-200mm Nikon Fit - Which Brand is best?

Edit My Images
Yes
As the title says really, I'm looking at, in the not too distant future, to get the 55-200mm AF-S/HSM etc. lens.
Only thing is, I'm not sure which brand is better for this specific lens, between the 3[Tamron, Sigma and Nikkor] there's only about £20 difference from the cheapest to the most expensive[Sigma being most, Nikkor being least] so it doesn't make odds for me, on price [if it stays the same when I'm ready to buy] which I go with.

It'll be for my Nikon D40x, so will need to be the AF-S/HSM etc. type lens.

So, anyone got this lens and willing to say if it's good or not?:help:

the 55-200mm is very good and nice and light, I haven't tried the sigma so can't comment on that one

you cant go wrong with nikon

Is the Nikkor lens better than the Sigma then?
Why was I under the impression Sigma glass was better? :confused:

Oh well, even better - considering the £20 less it'll cost me when I get round to buying it :D

Anymore views?

I can strongly recommend the Nikon AF-S VR version. It's a fantastic lens, light, and yields great results, especially for the price.

Think my mind's made up then :D when funds all I shall be getting the Nikkor 55-200mm. Sad that I'm excited already - won't be able to get it for a couple of months [not I said BE ABLE to....Doesn't mean, as usual I won't give in a suffer in the long run for getting it early...woops] :LOL:

cheers

Back