58 - 55mm ?

Keltic Ice Man

Glossary King
Name
Allan
Edit My Images
Yes
I've got some close up lenses - +1, +2, +4 and macro that are 55mm. My Canon is 58mm, can I get something that will attach the 55mm to the 58 mm - just been scouring Ebay and not seen anything (maybe I'm looking for the wrong thing) and do you think they will work in front of the kit lens?

Thanks

Allan

I got an adapter of this size from Jessops about £4.50 I think

I got a similar one from here on Ebay (check this is the one you want obviously) - excellent service & item was with me next day ... HTH Paul (y)

PaulBoy said:
I got a similar one from here on Ebay (check this is the one you want obviously) - excellent service & item was with me next day ... HTH Paul (y)
Isnt that the wrong way around, im sure the OP wanted a ring to let them use 55mm Filters on a 58mm Mount, the one in the link is for 58mm Filters on a 55mm Mount.

DreederUK said:
Isnt that the wrong way around, im sure the OP wanted a ring to let them use 55mm Filters on a 58mm Mount, the one in the link is for 58mm Filters on a 55mm Mount.
Well I did say "check this is the one you want obviously" ... but why would you use a filter which is smaller than the mount (?)
Paul (y)

PaulBoy said:
Well I did say "check this is the one you want obviously" ... but why would you use a filter which is smaller than the mount (?)
Paul (y)

Thanks for all the help folks - I'll have a look round at some of those links.

Paul I already have a 55mm macro set even though the mount is 58mm - I was hoping to use it for a smaller amount of money than buying a new set. I realise there will be a loss of areas of the pic.

Back