580ex ii anywhere

Edit My Images
Yes
Anyone know of anywhere uk that has these left, only see over priced on ebay, I don't do ebay. Stock seems to of gone quick since they discontinued.

600ex not worth the money on a 5d mk2 as not fully compatible i've read

Thanks

Just had a friend try to buy one, she managed to get one of the last ones from Calumet in Ireland, you may have a long search to get a new one.

I'm off to the USA later this year and I was hoping to buy a 580 EXII whilst there. The price comfortably fits into the personal duty free allowance so is a good buy. Hope they still have them.

Bummer. I hate Canon for doing this, they need a long hard think about the price they want for the 580 replacement it is just too much money.

Anyone know of anywhere uk that has these left, only see over priced on ebay, I don't do ebay. Stock seems to of gone quick since they discontinued.

Thanks

:thinking: Where did you read that? I suspect the price of the new 600 guns will drop, but it may take a while yet.

If it doesn't, the likes of Metz (nice alternatives to Canon BTW) and Nissin will have a field day.

Try the Nissin 866 MarkII as an alternative to the 580ex II.

HoppyUK said:
:thinking: Where did you read that? I suspect the price of the new 600 guns will drop, but it may take a while yet.

If it doesn't, the likes of Metz (nice alternatives to Canon BTW) and Nissin will have a field day.

Page 51 of the manual

Page 51 of the manual

it doesn't say it's incompatible, it'll do everything the 580 ex will, but it needs a camera with a wireless transmitter to use the wireless reciever.

It'd be odd if it could magically give a camera a wireless transmitter that wasn't there when the camera was built?

Personally, I'd go Nissin, and if you want wireless flash, buy some ETTL wireless triggers. it'll still come in cheaper than the new Canon. Unless you're looking for an excuse to buy a 5dIII?

Yeh just be paying extra for features I can't use. Will be getting a mark3 at some point so may just get a 600

Why not try Kerso he is showing two in stock at the moment
at £345 plus p/p. Address is in sales area.

C

Yeh just be paying extra for features I can't use. Will be getting a mark3 at some point so may just get a 600

The user manual is a bit confusing, but as far as I'm aware, the new 600EX-RT works exactly like the previous light-coded models, eg 580EXII, but with the addition of radio, or light-code.

Obviously the remote unit also has to be radio enabled, but it's nothing to do with the camera (apart from those very old models listed). 600EX-RT also has light-code mastering, so will also trigger any light-code remote gun, eg 430EX, just not via radio. So it's fully reverse compatible that way.

HoppyUK said:
The user manual is a bit confusing, but as far as I'm aware, the new 600EX-RT works exactly like the previous light-coded models, eg 580EXII, but with the addition of radio, or light-code.

Obviously the remote unit also has to be radio enabled, but it's nothing to do with the camera (apart from those very old models listed). 600EX-RT also has light-code mastering, so will also trigger any light-code remote gun, eg 430EX, just not via radio. So it's fully reverse compatible that way.

Yep as I thought, i'll go 600 that will work with my 430's and ST-E2 and be ready for a future body upgrade.

Thanks

Still cheaper and just as flexible to use 3rd party triggers like Pocket wizards

I have stock of 580EX II arriving next week I also have 600EX RT in stock now. Ian.

Thanks

Am really glad I snapped one of these up used at a decent price recently. Could see what was going to happen as soon as it was discontinued, much the same as has happened with the 24-70 since that was discontinued in favour of the new model, which is still pretty much unavailable. Shocking behaviour from Canon on both counts I have to say!

Yep, shocking and typical.

Back