5D Mk3 Interior Peeling

Edit My Images
Yes
I was wondering if anybody had come across this before. The lining on the interior of my 5d Mk3 seems to be peeling off. Is to anything to worry about or are there any simple fixes that don’t involve sending it to canon?

IMG_9203.jpg

I'm not sure how to interpret your photo. Could you annotate it to highlight the stuff that's peeling off?

It is whatever the material lining the mirror box is, that is coming off. I highlighted it in red in this picture. I rotated this image so you are now looking straight on at the camera. The silver ring is the lens mount, the highlighted area is the side of the mirror box and the right hand side is the actual mirror.

From what I can tell there does not appear to be any contact between the mirror and the material.

Attachments

• IMG_9203.jpg
    IMG_9203.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 28
It is whatever the material lining the mirror box is, that is coming off. I highlighted it in red in this picture. I rotated this image so you are now looking straight on at the camera. The silver ring is the lens mount, the highlighted area is the side of the mirror box and the right hand side is the actual mirror.

From what I can tell there does not appear to be any contact between the mirror and the material.

Zooming in what I can see looks like something has caught & cut the lining (curling up the cut slither of material) the same has happened on the 'return' pass causing a mirror image damage.

Have you used any non standard lens or adaptor for mounting another lens............as the position and 'mirror image' of damage looks it could have been caused by something rotated into the mount with a protruberance striking the mirror box lining. Such rotation & return makes me think of mounting a lens!

Have you used any non standard lens or adaptor for mounting another lens............as the position and 'mirror image' of damage looks it could have been caused by something rotated into the mount with a protruberance striking the mirror box lining. Such rotation & return makes me think of mounting a lens!

I see what you mean but the only lenses I have are all Canon EF mount. I did buy the camera second hand, so it could have been there all along but that was back in October 2016 and I think I would have noticed.

Back