5dmk3 batteries

Name
thomas
Edit My Images
Yes
So ive not had a great day and managed to loose a sd card and a nearly new original canon batterie... question is are the replacements non genuine ones any good? amazon have them as cheap as £15 for two... ive had non genuine ones before (granted a while ago now... ) and they only held 30% the charge of the the original.. have they got any better? or do i suck it up and spend £60 on a decent one.... thoughts?

My personal experience with non genuine batteries has been terrible. They've either not worked properly 100% of the time (like power cut outs), low capacity, or not holding their charge for more than just a few days when not even in the camera.

I don't bother buying them anymore as they just seem like money thrown away when i inevitably have to buy the original anyway. I guess there might be a brand that's adequate somewhere but i highly doubt they are the really cheap ones you see listed sometimes.

I have found the Hahnel Extreme (orange coloured) LPE6 to be just as good as the Canon originals. They are not cheap, but are a lot better than the cheap clones. I use then in my 7D and 70D without any problems.

Chris

thanks they are a bit cheaper - worth having something with good reviews - most kind !

Back