60D on Amazon

Name
Dini
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,

What do you guys think of this price

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Canon-Digit...=dp_proddesc_0?ie=UTF8&n=560798&s=electronics

Do you know of anywhere where i can get the 60D cheaper. I know you can get it cheaper from hong kong retailers but im wondering what is the cheapest you've seen from a local non grey import version with a proper warranty.

And also, i will be quite busy from now to the middle of February so i probably wont be using it much during that time. Will it make sense to wait for end of February or is it not likely for the prices to change any further.

Last edited:
camerapricebuster indicates that Amazon is the cheapest place at the moment for the 60D

try contacting Kerso through the forums - he's normally very well priced

Our website is selling it at £646.99 + Shipping. This will include the locally serviced warranty.

Can you explain how you can sell it at £646.99 on that post and on Ebay at £769(free delivery from UK)
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NO-VAT-IN-UK-...Cameras_DigitalCameras_JN&hash=item45f84c5373

Or at £615 (free delivery from Hong Kong)
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-Canon-EOS...Cameras_DigitalCameras_JN&hash=item588c4fe547

Also can you explain if you are a UK or China based company?
Some people are not confident to buy online, I am not confident to buy from abroad online.

As much as I would like to believe you are a genuine company how come you are not on any comparator website?

How come you manage to sell the 60D at under £650 when everybody else price starts from £750.
I am not asking you to disclose your selling secrets but a bit of reassurance in your company would help.

Ziggy, I am not trying to take over your thread but if you want me to remove my post then let me know and I will start a new thread.

Can you explain how you can sell it at £646.99 on that post and on Ebay at £769(free delivery from UK)
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NO-VAT-IN-UK-...Cameras_DigitalCameras_JN&hash=item45f84c5373

Or at £615 (free delivery from Hong Kong)
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-Canon-EOS...Cameras_DigitalCameras_JN&hash=item588c4fe547

Some people are not confident to buy online, I am not confident to buy from abroad online.

As much as I would like to believe you are a genuine company how come you are not on any comparator website?

How come you manage to sell the 60D at under £650 when everybody else price starts from £750.
I am not asking you to disclose your selling secrets but a bit of reassurance in your company would help.

Ziggy, I am not trying to take over your thread but if you want me to remove my post then let me know and I will start a new thread.

At £649 the price is exclusive of vat and duty liability.

From their T&Cs.

These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and interpreted according to Hong Kong SAR Law and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Hong Kong SAR Courts.

Which means there is no recourse to UK or EU law should they decide to ship you a jelly bean instead of your camera.

There is a poster in the digitalrev forum that claims he can get uk stocked for £625, wanted them to pricematch, might be worth asking him where?

DR are a well established and much used firm, you only need to look at their feedback on these and other forums to know they can be trusted. Yes their kit is from HK, as explained above they offer different ways to buy your gear at different prices, you pick whichever suits you.

DR are a well established and much used firm, you only need to look at their feedback on these and other forums to know they can be trusted. Yes their kit is from HK, as explained above they offer different ways to buy your gear at different prices, you pick whichever suits you.

Hi Hugh,

Thank you for clarifying for us! :)

Yes, you can choose the one that most suitable for you.

At £649 the price is exclusive of vat and duty liability.

Actually, our website's price of £646.99 is already included with import handling and only shipping cost need to be added for delivering it to your door.

Hi julia
Are your products under uk warranty? If yes is it included in price?

Hi julia
Are your products under uk warranty? If yes is it included in price?

Hi Fabien,

For all website's purchases, DigitalRev offers a DigitalRev 12 months warranty service, which allows you to repair your camera locally at an Authorised Repair Centre (Canon, Nikon, Sony, Panasonic, etc.) without prior approval provided that the fault is due to manufacture defect.

For details, please feel free to visit DIGITALREV LOCALLY SERVICED WARRANTY

All prices included with this warranty service and you may purchase extended warranty.

Actually, our website's price of £646.99 is already included with import handling and only shipping cost need to be added for delivering it to your door.

My apologies for the misinformation Julia, on looking at your site perhaps it could be made clearer for anyone from the UK browsing prices as it only mentions it is included at checkout and somewhat less clearer in the terms and conditions, I suggest a banner alongside the one informing UK customers of local servicing.

I will certainly give your site a look next time now that has been cleared up as your prices look really attractive(y).

Last edited:
I bought a 60D from DigitalRev - can't fault their service, very professional and swift correspondence. I was also happy to subscribe to their "locally served warranty" if it saved me some coins on the body price.

I must say I'm a stickler for checking things out before I buy and I did a lot of research into DigitalRev before buying. 45k positive ebay feedbacks speak volumes.

Back