6D - Worth the wait?

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
I did a search and was surprised to see no 6D threads :-(

I have a 5DMkII and was wondering if anyone has any thoughts on whether the 6D will be a good replacement. GPS I doubt I will never use as I generally log all my photos but the wifi seems handy

Any initial thoughts on it?

Thanks

No it isn't I would say 7D maybe but even that can't be compared with 5D go for 7D if you can

If you take away the Wifi/GPS/SD card slot from 6D it is just a newer 5D Mark II... well close enough not to be a great upgrade. I sold my 5D Mark II and got the Mark III. The upgrade was worth it for me. :)

Personally I think that Canon kinda missed the point with 6D. Instead of GPS/Wifi they should just put in the 7D autofocus.

No it isn't I would say 7D maybe but even that can't be compared with 5D go for 7D if you can

7D would be step backwards... :wacky:

I'm very interested to see what the sensor performance will be like.

Key features for a manual focus user of legacy lenses like myself would be:

* Lighter body than Mk II (tick)
* Better high ISO performance than Mk II (?)
* Interchangeable focus screens (tick)
* GPS (tick)
* Better mirror clearance with legacy mount lenses (rumoured)
* Cheapish!

Could be interesting...

I had a 5D2 and a 7D, sold them both to get a 5D3 and eventually got another 7d but I wouldn't of sold the 5D2 to get a 6D. The 5D3 AF system is enough of an upgrade alone for me to update the 5D2. If I didn't have a camera at all or wanted to go FF from a crop then the 6D would, IMO, be the one I'd go for. Not really looked into the 6D with any great details but from the general specs it seems like a very good entry to FF.

Back