6x4" print query

Name
Ravinder Bindra
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi

I shot a wedding a few months back and the couple have just got in touch asking me if I can quote them on some prints. They want 100 6x4" prints to put in an album book that they have already.

I have only ever ordered large prints from Loxley Colour. I'm a little confused as to what kind of prints I need as usually the small prints are like a card material whereas the large prints are quite thin paper so I don't know what options to select. Can anyone help with this? Many thanks.

Anytime I've ordered prints the paper choice has been the same as large ones and I use loxley and dscl .

Firstly, it sounds like you supplied digital files only.......were these the full size or cropped, the reason I ask is that your D90 sensor is a 1:1.5 ratio i.e. it will print at 6x4 inches aok but if you cropped without keeping the aspect ratio then you will have odd width borders?

Having said that here is Loxleys sizing page for their photographic papers and 6x4 is there for you

https://www.loxleycolour.com/prints/prints-mounting/photoprints#sizes

The way you refer to thick postcard pictures is kind of odd for someone who comes across as selling your photography service and products ~ sorry if I have misunderstood or misjudged anything!

Last edited:
I have a D7200 now that I use. I cropped the pictures in lightroom to 6x4.

I know wat you mean but I am new to this. This was the first wedding that I had shot. I have only had experience of printing a few large landscape images.

I have a D7200 now that I use. I cropped the pictures in lightroom to 6x4.

I know wat you mean but I am new to this. This was the first wedding that I had shot. I have only had experience of printing a few large landscape images.

I looked the D7200 up and it is,like the D90, a DX format.

If you have already used Loxley for larger prints and they print AOK (i.e. the same as you have been getting on your monitor) then printing your customers wedding pictures does not look like it will give you any problems.................especially as you have prepped them to print at 6x4 at the Loxley advised resolution :) As their advice here https://www.loxleycolour.com/help/Preparation

Best of luck meeting your customer requirements :)

I think I found your Flickr and though I know very little about wedding photography (there are others hereabouts at TP who can advise and guide you if asked?) you have some nice imagery that I would surmise your clients are very pleased with :)

Glad to notice that you have corrected the EXIF on your D7200..............looks like bought secondhand as the previous owners name is showing in the EXIF in the weddings compared to other later works ;)

:canon:

Back