7 Days around Osaka......help

Name
Neil Williams
Edit My Images
No
Guys

Ive just booked some good seats from Kuala Lumpur to Osaka leaving KL on the 19th November and returning on the 26th. The purpose of the trip is photography and to catch the Autumn colours of Japan.

So we are obviously starting off in Osaka (we arrive there at 4pm) and leave at 5pm on the 26th. My plan is to rent a car in Osaka Airport and keep it for the whole trip. We will stay the first night in Osaka. I'm then thinking of doing this route for the next 5 days finishing up back in Osaka ready to fly home.

I just went on the google maps and sketched out a possible route, that would be easy to drive ~100 km a day with hopefully some amazing scenery on the way.

This is just an idea and by know means a definite plan, I'm as alway very open to suggestions for such a trip...............

If anyone has recommendations of must see's or must do's in this area of Japan please bring it on............I'm not really interested in Hiroshima unless there tis something there that I would be crazy to miss (photography wise). I will be driving myself so no worries about lugging my camera gear and suit cases as it will be in the car.

Thanks

Neil

That seems like a lot of ground to cover over 7 days. I would suggest more time at fewer locations.

For the changing of colours Kyoto would be the place to go as would Kurashiki.

Kiyomizu Dera temple in Kyoto is the iconic shot and Kurashiki has Kenroku'en gardens, one of the top 3 in Japan.

That seems like a lot of ground to cover over 7 days. I would suggest more time at fewer locations.

For the changing of colours Kyoto would be the place to go as would Kurashiki.

Kiyomizu Dera temple in Kyoto is the iconic shot and Kurashiki has Kenroku'en gardens, one of the top 3 in Japan.
Thank you sir, I will check them out

Just to throw an idea around... public transport in Japan is superb and efficient.. much quicker than driving to places.

From your list I have only been to Osaka, Nara, and Kyoto.

I would say to spend at least two nights in Kyoto. - Kinkaku-Ji is marvelous. You also have the bamboo groves.(Although I don't know if you have been before, and you did state the trip is for autumn colours).

I enjoyed Hiroshima, it was also the route to Itsukushima Shinto Shrine gate on Miyajima. (Floating gate).

For me though, when in Osaka, the main place you are missing off is Koyasan. The scenery and perfection up in the mountains is stunning.

That route looks very close to Sakai City.

I would have included that because it is their knife making centre and oh boy can they make a knife.

Plus there is probably museums about Samurai sword making etc because it was famed for sword making also.

Just an idea

I would spend at least 2 days in Kyoto, i am staying 3 days.

I have a 14 days trip planned in Japan around the same time as you, my schedule seems crazy, the first 7 days I plan to go from…

Day 1 - Land in Narita, Tokyo, fly straight to Fukuoka
Day 2 - Hiroshima, immediately day trip to Miyajima
Day 3 - Osaka
Day 4 - Nara on the way to Kyoto
Day 5 - Kyoto
Day 6 - Kyoto
Day 7 - Kyoto
Day 8 - Hakone/Mt Fuji
Day 9-14 - Tokyo

All by trains.

ND3AhF6.png

Actually just read my post again and realised that I gave you some duff info, the gardens I was talking about is in Kanazawa not Kurashiki.

I'm also going to rent a car for a few days to get away from the tourists ..................... :) :)

Do make sure you head over to the memorial, and the museum. whilst I find museums rather boring, I thought this one was excellent.

Yup, this is on the list, I am in Hiroshima overnight so the 2nd day in the morning I will spend the day in the museums, where I am staying is literally round the corner so I don’t foresee any problems or reason why I can’t go.

Back